07 December 2010

Challenge cards


Hello, friends;}


So happy to visit with you today! I have been super bummed lately because I have not been able to play along with any extra challenges. Well--last night I stayed up WAY TOO LATE (5am) working in the studio! I loved working on all my projects and getting creative!


I made this first card for the Case Study #17. I have to tell you that I have been a HUGE follower of Chupa and I've wanted to participate in this challenge FOREVER! So glad that I had time...and even better....we get to CASE Nina Brackett! ACK--love love love her! She is super super sweet and so talented! I consider her one of my good friends:} Beautiful inside and out! Her card is featured here to the right--I was inspired by her Christmas theme and part of her sketch. I used some My Mind's Eye holiday paper and chipboard snowman along with some seam binding that--get this::: Nina sent me!! She also sent me that doily! I was totally inspired by her! The sentiment is from Ippity's Kissmas & Misteltoe set. LOVE it!! ThanksNina--for inspiring me AND for these fabby embellies;} I also made this card for the  ABC Designs challenge {non-traditional Holiday color challenge}. LOVE IT!
This next card was also made for the ABC Designs challenge and for the Get Sketchy #67 challenge. I love how these snowflakes turned out! That was some serious stitching last night [lol!]. I used Unity's sentiment from Jolly Little Winter. So cute! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! 
That's it for me today! It feels so good to get back in the challenges! LOVE it! Can't wait to share more with you! I'll be back later this week with some PDCC goodness! Lots of love--be blessed:}
Photobucket
Ps...Here is the blinkie for ABC Designs Challenges!! I couldn't get the HTML to fit in the post--I still am working on my "technology skills"!! :}

20 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Your rock with thse two cards! LOVE yout take from Nina's card and that Get Sketchy snowflake card is gorgeous!!

Natalie said...

Hi Savannah!! Your cards are fabulous!! So cute! Can't believe you stayed up til 5am, I can't do that anymore!! Even though I'd like to sometimes :-)

Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous creations Savannah, the snowman is adorable and the bauble is stunning. Can't believe you stayed up until 5am but the results are gorgeous. Tracy Evans x x

lynn said...

i so cannot stay up late! wonderful take on nina's card, and how great you could use her cute embellies! love the cheerful snowflake card too:)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

YAY Sav!! What a fun card, made with the goodies that Nina herself sent you! I'm so glad that you decided to join us, I hope you'll be coming back for more! xxx

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow! Super cute projects!! Love the stitching on the snowflake project, and adore that sweet, sweet snowman on your first project. Thank you so much for playing with us at ABC Toys & Crafts! So looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work - our challenge is open until 12/18 - enter as many times as you'd like!!

Emily Branch said...

DANG Girl!!! These cards ARE SOOOO awesome! I love love love your take on the Case challenge!! SO CUTE AND FESTIVE!!! And, oh my gosh---the stitching on those snowflakes is SOOOOOOO incredibly AMAZING!!!

5am!!!! Naughty girl!! Hahaha....i hope you took a nap!!

Scrapcollectr said...

An adorable setting for that cutie snowman! And the stitching on the snowflakes....I totally appreciate that u did it! Lovely.... *smile*

shuggy said...

these cards are so adorable!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

what fun, you have such a fun style, looks like you're always smiling.

Chris said...

cute, cute!! :) Thanks for playing along with the CASE study blog -- I've been very excited to be their sponsor this week!

StampinCathy said...

Both your cards are amazing and so inspiring. I just love your take on both the challenges.

NinaB said...

These are classic Savannah cards - so fun and beautiful. I'm so glad to see you CASE me and with the seam bindings and doilies I sent you. What a treat for me. You are one of the sweetest blog friends I know and hope someday God will allow our paths to cross. Are you going to CHA in LA? Hugs from Croatia!

Jean Martin said...

Oh wow! This is sooooo cute!!!! What a wonderful card Savannah!!! I love the combination of whimsical and shabby chic with the crinkled ribbon. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study! :)

Lynn Richards said...

Hi Savannah!
Thanks so much for stopping by Blueskies, it is much appreciated.
I had a great time participating in the Play Date challenge. It's a great blog!
Hoping you are recovering from staying up until 5 a.m. YIKES!!!!!!
xo
lynn

Elisa K said...

love your cards that ornament is amazing. Love all the snowflakes on your last card and thanks for playing along this week at Get Sketchy.

gladyschia2010 said...

Your card is so pretty! Love the ornament.

Suzanne C said...

Adorable! Love the bright colors especially on holiday cards!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super CASE Study card and how wonderful that Nina sent you those fabulous goodies! And it gets better, you've made quite good use of them! Great job, Sav!

Jacilynn said...

so very sweet! Great card. Thanks for joining us a ABC Toys & Crafts.
Jacilynn