17 February 2011

PDCC #69--Combined Grind Challenge

Hello, friends:}


It's an exciting day over at The Play Date Cafe!! We have a great "twist" this week--we are combining our challenge with the CASE Study challenge, and we are calling it "The Combined Grind Challenge"! LOVE IT! We invite you to play along for multiple prizes--but be sure to FOLLOW all the directions!


Prize 1: CASE Study-- if you play along with CASE Study (focusing on the muse, Eva Dobilas), you could win a prize package from Layers of Color.
Prize 2: PDCC-- if you play along with the PDCC (focusing on the colors), you could win the Ippity set Cherish Your Dreams [worth $24]. 
Prize 3: BOTH--if you link up to both challenges (and follow all rules and guidelines), you could win an Ippity prize package of 5 images [worth $30]. 


The Play Date Cafe colors this week are red, black, and green. I knew exactly what I wanted to make!! I have a sweet little friend who is taking a standardized test soon. I thought I would make her a fun school themed card to encourage her! I used NO STAMPS! Can you believe it? I was inspired by Eva's cards with the black outlines--she usually has an amazing zigzag border. I don't have all those fancy dies {or whatever} she uses--so I just used my pinking shears. I love how this turned out! Super fun and cute! 
That's it for me--but you will want to jump on over to all these other amazing PDCC DT members' blogs! Our special Guest designer this week is Chupa, the owner of the CASE Study challenge. 


Chupa {Guest Designer}
Colleen Dietrich {New Private Blend Designer}


Be sure to head over to The Play Date Cafe for ALL the details--remember to link up your creation before Tuesday, February 22 at 11:59pm. Hope you will join in the fun!


Thanks so much for stopping by! LOVE my PDC challenges! LOVE the team so much:} And I love our players--we have the BEST players! Be blessed.
Photobucket

18 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Really creative way to use the colors, girlie! Great job!

Virginia L. said...

Wow!!!!! Love your cards, Sav! Both are so perfect for the color challengeS! VERY inspiring work you did, Miss Sav!!

Fiona said...

Sav this is such a fun card full of encouragement for the recipient!

Jaclyn Miller said...

What an adorable card - the gingham is perfect with your apple. This is bound to make someone really happy.

Michele Gross said...

I love your card, especially the sweet message of encouragement! Your friend is going to LOVE it :)

Jinny Newlin said...

This, truly, is ever so fun, Sav! LOVE that big apple and your gingham! What a great school days card!

Basement Stamper said...

Fabulous card Sav, I love the addition of those staples!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a wonderfully cheery and encouraging card, Sav! I love that alphabet background and the colors are just marvelous! You're so sweet to pass your unending support to others!

Ruby said...

Oh this is just SO cute Sav! I love anything with apples on, and that text background is just too cute for words, LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Tracey said...

Oh I LOVE this Sav!!!! SO perfect in so many ways :)

Lindsey said...

What a perfect card of encouragement! Love it.

lynn said...

love it! love that you used pinking shears and staples!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Amazing inspiration I cannot tell you how much I enjoy visiting your blog!!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Sav, this card so reminds me of you. THe sentiment is very encouraging and supportive, which you ALWAYS are! Such a cute card.

Andrea M said...

Oh gingham, how do I love thee?!!? Great use of the challenge colors! Combined grind! Two awesome challenges - hope I can find time to play along this week!

Maria said...

Such a fun bright card...LUV it!!! So cute how u stapled the sentiment at the top of card! Luv the big red apple!

Rock Chick Tink said...

That is really really CUTE. The papers work really well togather and the apple is yummy looking.

Tinks :)

Benzi said...

What a perfect and adorable card for your sweet friend. I am wild over that checked paper. Super creation!