31 October 2010

All Things Unity #18 {monochromatic}

Hello, friends:}


Today starts another fabulous challenge over at the All Things Unity challenge blog!! Thanks to all our players for the last challenge. So fun checking out everyone's paper piecing! Great job:}


ATU #18 challenge is to make a card [or project, scrapbook, journal page, altered item, tag, etc.] with monochromatic colors. Sticking to just one color with many hues! I had the perfect card for this! I was asked by Amber, a great new friend, to make her Christmas cards this year. I was so excited because her theme is Breast Cancer! What an awesome Christmas card! I loved all the hues of pink--passion fruit, berrylush, strawberry, lip gloss, oh my! So many hues to pick from. I love the new bling on a roll--so easy to get two lines of bling!! LOVE IT! I used my Unity Christmas Bough set for the sentiment! PERFECT! Love how this card turned out:} **NOTE:: If you look closely, the fire truck is pink! Guardians of the Ribbon Pink Heals Tour is a group of firefighters, police officers, and leaders in the community, who drive around the United States in Pink Fire Trucks.  Their purpose is to raise awareness and money for women and their fight against all cancers.  Please visit www.pinkfiretrucks.org or www.pinkheals.com for more information or to make donations. Now...I just have to make it several several times!! LOL!
That's it for me today--be sure to stop by our wonderful All Things Unity DT members' blogs! Gotta love all this Unity and Ippity eye candy!!


Carole {Guest DT}
Cathy 
Sara
Lynn
Savannah {that's me!}


Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you will join in the fun over at the ATU blog--remember:: this challenge ends on November 13th! You have 2 weeks to create your monochromatic project! I cannot wait to see what you link up! THANKS again--be blessed:}
Photobucket


ps...to see more Unity in action...scroll down to see my Limelight challenge card! 

9 comments:

StampinCathy said...

What a fabulous and inspiring card. I just love the theme of this Christmas card.

Virginia L. said...

GORGEOUS photo card! Love the two rows of blings and the fabulous photo! You totally rock ,Sav! xoxo

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Sav,

Love your card today! Pink fire trucks, ha ha, well, that must be a pretty sight and attract some attention! What a wonderful idea to raise awareness and love the card you made with the photo. Also the previous one, with the butterflies is very pretty. Not a nice occasion, but a personal card is such a lovely way to let people know you care and think of them, very nice one!

Hugs,
Wendy

farmhouse-story said...

what an awesome xmas pic card, savannah! amber's friends and family will love these cards!

Angie Blom said...

oh Love this Sav.. I love photo cards.. and this is wonderful. xx

Unknown said...

Love the card! Oh wait it's mine! :) Can't wait to mail it out you did a great job!

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous Sav! No wonder Amber loves it :) Bling on a roll sounds pretty cool - my bling used to come as strips but they've changed it and now each 'shiny' is individual ! Such a pain xx

FibreJunky said...

Love your card and adore that pink firetruck!! What a neat Christmas card, too. Amber is a lucky woman (and so are the peeps who are receiving them from her!)

Traci S. said...

Hi Savannah!

I miss you! Your card came out beautifully, and what an important message it sends.

Where do you get that bling in rolls? I have not seen them anywhere...please tell!

Also, super easy challenge at the He IS Able blog. I bet you have a card that is ready for it already!
Come check it out...write soon!

He IS Able,
Traci S.