03 February 2011

PDCC #67

Hello, friends:}


WOW-- last week's challenge for the PDCC knocked my socks off! It was very exciting to see so many players join the fun!! And the PDCC made it in the Stamping Top 100!! Congratulations, Play Date Cafe!!! 
Today The Play Date Cafe is sharing a super fun color combo! It's been created by our very own, Ruby 2 Shoes. This is Ruby's first color story--and she made a beautiful combo! Love all the pinks, reds, and maroons, with that blue! Beautifully done, Ruby!!!


I made a fun love card for my creation. I couldn't resist! That red popped out at me! I love that strip of blue too--so subtle but great way to add in that boldness! I used my Ippity Book It stamp for the notebook look. I also used Ippity's How You Doin'? for the sentiment. The heart comes from Unity's Confessions set. I just noticed that I used one more Unity stamp--my postcard wooden stamp. LOVE how this turned out! Simple--but super cute! 
That's it for me today--I hope you will stop by all the other The Play Date Cafe DT members' blogs! You won't believe your eyes--this group made everything from cards to LOs and even some crocheted items! LOVE it!





Colleen Dietrich {New Private Blend Designer}

Be sure to head over to the PDCC for more details on this challenge too!  Ruby 2 Shoes is our sponsor as well! She is giving away two Ippity stamp sets! Check out all the details on the blog. This challenge ends on Tuesday, Feb. 8 at 11:59pm EST. Be sure to link up before then!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Love the PDCC!! Be blessed:}


Photobucket

23 comments:

jen said...

LOVE it! Those tone on tone hearts are my fave!!! (and honestly, ou had me at the notebook look...!) :D

Julie Ranae said...

Totally T-riffic girlie!

Fiona said...

Sav love your CAS look! Love the red hearts on the matching lined background :)

Michele Gross said...

Ooooo, those striped hearts are just yummy! Love that they match their background-such a fun way to do it!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE this happy and sweet card! GREAT design with the panels!! Awesome job, my friend!

Ruby said...

Hey Sav! I love what you've done with my colours, especially the way you've done the hearts popped out using the same background, how fun is that?! Love it! As you would say, 'note to self...' must try that one!! It was fun chatting to you on Skype last night, but I am oh so very tired today lol. I'll never learn! x

Scrapcollectr said...

Serendipity? I woke up thinking about using "sending my love" this week and there u have it! It did come out lovely....
I given you a very deserving blog award....come check it out!
*smile*

Andrea Ewen said...

This is gorgeous Savvy! What a great idea to pop those monochromatic hearts! What a fabulous accent! Awesome job with the colors, another beauty of a card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I love how your hearts pop out... fabulous!

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card, love the postcard stamps. Fab job with the color combo.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Sav, love your collage-y card! I like that post card piece a bunch. Great way to use Ruby's color story. :D

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card! Love the gorgeous colors. :o)

Ann said...

This card is fabby, Sav! I love your mix of stamps!

Maria said...

Fabulous mix of papers and design! Love the hearts lined up on left of your card...too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute!!! Might have to give these colors a try...they are intriguing :)

Angi Barrs said...

Clever and cute. Love the lined paper and hearts. :)

Andrea M said...

AAAHHHHH!!! LOOOOOOVE THIS!!! The mix of papers is awesome as are the hearts on matching background paper! Gosh, it is just fantastic!!! I was a little intimidated by the colors (I don't use darker colors often) but you have completely inspired me to give it a try!!!! Thanks - knew I could count on you for inspiration :)

farmhouse-story said...

love the popped up hearts! these challenge colors -yikes, but your card rocks them!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Birds of a father is my favorite! So fun!

Libby Hickson said...

Looooooooooooove this so much, especially the tone on tone hearts - just perfect!!

Benzi said...

I adore your heart panel and the postage stamp is just perfect. What a wonderful 'love' card.

Sarah Anderson said...

fabulous collage Sav, and I love, love, love how you stamped the lined stamp onto red and used the same image for the hearts - very clever! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I love the way your dimensional hearts line up, perfectly, with your stripey paper! Genius! I, also, adore that postage stamp. I'm soooo lovin' my new Unity goodies ;)!