09 November 2011

Layers of Color-Nov. Guest Designer

Hello, friends:}

I'm back with another Layers of Color Guest Designer creation! I had a blast working with these images for today's post!!!

This week, Trav and I will be celebrating our 5th year anniversary. I have been reflecting on our favorite verse for our marriage: A cord of three is not quickly broken {Ecc. 4:12b}. And because Trav is the SWEETEST-- I used my Honeysweet LOC stamps! 

For my first project, I created a belly decoration for a honey bear container. I love this sentiment and that large bee image. SOOOOOOO precious! I used some old My Mind's Eye papers--EASY!
Then Laura suggested that I add a bee around the neck of the bear--GREAT idea!! So I added another bee around the head with some wire!! SOOOOOOOOO cute:) 
I also created a small card for Trav. I just couldn't help myself! "How sweet it is to be LOVED by..." TRAV! It is:) So I used some Pink Paislee papers and die cut a heart in the center, stamping the sentiment around the negative space. EASY!! And perfect for my sweet:}
That's it for me today. Be sure to stop by the LOC blog and website! I know you will enjoy their creations as much as I do! And check Layers of Color out on FBAnd if you haven't already checked out the LOC Ornament blog hop--click HEREHERE is a free ornament download! LOVE:)

And mark your calendars---LOC has two major hops coming up! Nina Bracket is releasing "Nina B. Designs" line of art of stamps through LOC!  These new art stamp sets are the hugely popular stamps from The Angel Company with brand new additions and improvements! Beautiful Lace, Sweet Silhouettes, Special Sentiments, and Fabulous Flowers are just a few of the BEST of Nina B. Designs art stamps!!! You are invited to join the LOC designers for this inspiring blog hop November 16th where we will share beautiful projects and have gifts for you. 

Spellbinders is also having a blog hop revealing their newest die template designs at the same time! We are especially excited about this because Nina and Laura designed some of the dies!! HOOOORAY:) LOC would like to show you lots of lovely project ideas with these new stamps and new dies---so be sure to stop by the LOC blog on November 21st

Thanks so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

22 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Aw....how ADORABLE is the honey bee! You rock with this guest design. I adore the card!! Absolutely SWEET! In fact, you rock with everything you are in it!

Smitha Katti said...

Love that bee in a heart :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
your comment just made my day!!
isnt it just fab to know someone likes what you are creating>?

yyam said...

Ooh...these are awesome Savannah! Love the sweet sentiment and the bees! Too cute! Happy 5th Anniversary! :)

Wendy ten Hove said...

Ha ha! This is perfect!! Fun project, Sav!!! That bee addition is totally cute!!
Hugs & happy day to you!
Wendy

~amy~ said...

How clever are you?! Love them both!

Kary said...

Congrats on your wedding anniversary!! Your card is awesome!! The honey bear container is too cute, you did a great job decorating it!!

Houses Built of Cards said...

What a SWEET and CUTE idea!!! And LOVE the matching card!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Lin said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Trav, Sav! Your card and the honey are so sweet!

Jennie said...

This is just adorable Savannah and love how you showcased the Honeysweet set with your card/belly decor for the honey! How perfect for your hubby. Blessings to you my friend :)

whoistracy said...

What an adorable idea!! Happy 5 year anniversary!! We celebrated our 5year anniversary this year, too!

Angi Barrs said...

So clever and creative. I love how you added the bee around the bottle. Love this. :)

farmhouse-story said...

simply darling, savannah! and happy anniversary to you and your honey! congrats to on your guest spot--you rocked it!

Anonymous said...

Your honey bear is just Too Too CUTE! I especially love that bee flying around his head! And the polka dot heart bee is nothing but perfect!!

Lindsay said...

Soooooo cute Sav! LOVE that label for the honey and your card is adorable too!

Travis said...

How come the bear's feet are darker than his head ;)

lisa arana said...

How friggin' adorable. You are just the smartest little creator! What a genius fun idea!!!! LOVE seeing what you come up with Sav.

lisa arana said...

Oh, I saw the comment before me about how come the bear's feet are darker than his head and I thought... how rude!!! But then I saw it was Travis and I LAUGHED so hard. I figured it must have been an inside joke. Love that he reads your blog. You two are the cutest. :)

Rock Chick Tink said...

That is sooooooo cute. I love it ! It is a clever idea. I love the way the bee is to the side. It looks sooooo gret with the wire. I love the lable and the card is gorgeous.
Tink x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on being a Guest at LOC, Sav! You created the darn cutest little set for your hubby. I'm sure he loved it all. The gray was a good pairing for the black and yellow.
Happy Anniversary!

Lindsey said...

Awwwww... these are adorable, Sav!!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Not only is this a darling project and so sweet...you are too, Sav...sweet Sav

Luv ya Honey!

Jinny Newlin said...

I still think these are just so, stinkin' adorable! And I LOVE to see what people make for the men in their lives, especially since most of us are always making for the women. Thanks again for sharing!