It's time for another Ribbon Carousel Challenge--we’re in the swing of things now, so lets get on to this week’s challenge…. to use Danielle’s “Go To” Sketch for your creation!
Danielle Lounds was gracious enough to share her “Go To Sketches” with us, so you’ll see them throughout the year. This is a fabulous sketch to use with the images provided by our fabulous sponsor this week: Some Odd Girl.
Some Odd Girl is a digi and clear stamp company based in the tiny town of Fennville, MI. Opening its virtual doors in January 2010, Some Odd Girl started off with just digi stamps but has grown into its own line of clear stamp sets too! Bringing a unique and fun style to anything you want to get crafty with :) Some Odd Girl is owned and operated by a one woman show who took her love of crafting to heart and built a dream.
One lucky participant will win 3 free digis of their choice from the Some Odd Girl store.
If you know me--I had to switch up the sketch a bit. Here is pic of how I interpreted it. I used some My Mind's Eye papers along with Gorky from Some Odd Girl. I also used THIS burlap string from The Ribbon Carousel--OH! You can never have too much of this string:) I really love how this card turned out! SOOOOO fun!
The RCC team would love for you to join in the fun this week! Here are the details:
- Make your NEW creation following the ribbon carousel challenge (sketch, inspiration, style or color) image. Be sure to include some type of ribbon, twine, hemp, lace....basically, anything that comes on a spool.
- Your creation can be ANYTHING from cards, quilts, sewn items, paper crafts, paintings! ***Be sure to have ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine, lace, thread (basically anything that comes on a spool) on your creation! And be sure to follow the RCC challenge theme!
- Load your creation up onto your blog or a public viewing forum like SplitcoastStampers, (use the keyword RCC36) with a direct link back to The RCC blog post. Including the challenge graphic isn't a requirement, but sure is appreciated! A participant of our very first challenge didn't link back or mention our challenge and couldn't be named Top Spool, so don't let that happen to you!
- Come back to The RCC blog post and link in your creation using the Inlinkz button at the bottom of this post. Your image may take a little while to pop up but don't worry it will appear shortly.
- Be sure to come back the Friday after the challenge ends to see if YOU are a Top Spool! :D
This challenge will end on January 23 at 11:59pm EST.
I really hope you will play along! Please stop by the RCC blog for more details, more projects from the RCC DT, and to link up your creation! Also, please head over to The Ribbon Carousel website and check out their products!!! There are ribbon kits available, as well as ribbon carousels (LOOOOOOOOVE these!)....and my new favorite link on The Ribbon Carousel shop takes you to the NEW ribbons, embellies, and papers!! I just put in an order a week ago--and I already have MORE in my cart! LOVE LOVE LOVE the RCC:}