11 August 2011

PDCC #94

Hello, friends:}

Hoooooray for another fun day over at the Play Date Cafe! Today starts a brand new color story. 
I was lucky enough to receive some amazing stamps {For the Love of Grids} by Practicing Creativity for this week's challenge. And I noticed the colors were kind of masculine (well, that is what I saw)....so I figured I would make my Father-In-Law, Gary, a birthday card! PERFECT:) I used basic papers and cut out the letters/numbers with my Cricut. I stamped only the teal pieces to make it interesting. LOVE how it turned out! **I promise that teal matches the color story--I had to brighten the pic so you could see details! 
That's it for me....but be sure to stop by the PDCC blog for complete details and prize information! The PDCC sponsor this week is Practicing Creativity. And don't forget to stop by all the other PDCC DT members' blogs-- AMAZINGZING {2x the zing}! 

Thanks for stopping by! Be blessed:} 
Photobucket

21 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

Such a fun birthday card, Sav! Love how you stamped on the letters too. Cuteness!

Debbie Carriere said...

Love this!! Perfect masculine card!

Erin said...

I really LOVE these colors!!! I can't wait to try myself...maybe tonight :) I hadn't looked at them as masculine until now...oh how I love blogs and the inspiration they stir up!

Basement Stamper said...

great birthday card, definitely going to be trying this color challenge.

Denise said...

Perfect for a man... I love how graphic and bold it is!

Lindsey said...

What a fun card, Sav! I love how you used the colours on this card. And I see what you mean, the colours are perfect for a masculine card!

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, I'm sure that your father in law will cherish this! ONLY though, if he wants to be reminded that he's 62 years young~! Lol! Seriously, it's a fab card, Sav...one that I would be proud to give a family member...well done!

Andrea M said...

Clever, clever Sav!!! I LOVE the stamping on the die cut letters and numbers! What a great card for your FIL!!! I'm sure he's gonna love it!!!

Angie Blom said...

fabulous card Sav. love the colours ,love the grid!! xx

lisa arana said...

AWESOME, love it!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

Angi Barrs said...

I spy yellow on your card...LOL...Love it. Have a happy weekend. :)

Donna B. said...

Great card - love how you used the colors!!

Mona Pendleton said...

what a fun card Savannah! Love the big numbers! Thanks for the inspiration!

Marlena M. said...

Bold and fun! Love it. ;)

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful...simple and straight to the point!! Thanks :)

Fiona said...

Hi Sav :) Fabulous CAS design, love the stamped detail on the teal only!

Annemieke said...

Great card!! Love the idea.
Annemieke

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I'm sure he'll love this card! I love the grid stamping and how it adds a subtle pattern.

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a great, guy card! LOVE all those big, bold letters and numbers! Perfectly fabulous!

Emily Leiphart said...

Sav, this is THE perfect card for the colour story! I love it.