The season: Winter. The weather here in Florida: mid 80's. BUT...I'm ALWAYS cold! So when I saw THIS tutorial on how to make a scarf using fleece and yarn, I knew I could use my FAVORITE WG divine twine to make a fashionable scarf to wear:)
I followed the tutorial on THIS blog but swapped the yarn for WG Coral Solid and Gold Metallic divine twine. This was so easy that I completed this project while riding in a car on Christmas Eve! Here's how I made this scarf:
- Cut about 60+ strands of divine twine that are about 18 inches long. Set aside.
- Cut your fleece to create clean/nice edges. *My scarf is 10 inches by 60 inches.
- Cut small holes all along each of the ends of the scarf.
- Fold one edge end up about 1/4 of an inch.
- Create SMALL holes using sharp scissors and snipping the fabric every 1/4 of a inch.
- Repeat for the other end of scarf.
- Gather together 2 or 3 strands of divine twine and fold in half. *It doesn't matter if it's exactly in half. These strands will be trimmed later:)
- Take crochet hook and place it through a hole and grab the divine twine and pull it back through.
- Take the tails of the divine twine and thread it through the loop. *Do not pull hard, but gently pull your divine twine to secure it in place.
- Repeat for each hole and end of scarf.
That's it for me today! And be sure to stop by the WG blog for more inspiration. Also-- did you know about Whisker Graphics's new products??? Like bitty bags with GOLD designs! ACK! LOOOOOOVE LOOOOOOVE LOOOOOOVE! Check it out HERE!
THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}