26 April 2015

Paper Smooches SPARKS: April Designer Drafts challenge

Hello, friends:}


Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! This week we are sharing a DESIGNER DRAFT challenge. 




This week we are inspired by the following sketch:
**Sentiments can be placed anywhere on the sketch.

So... again I thought I was doing well at following sketches... but this one I might have went off track a bit! LOL! Now I didn't change much, but it made a big difference with this sketch! Here's what I changed: 

  • Scallops into folder
  • Moved the line to the other side

I created a birthday card for my brother Carrel (pronounced Karl). I wanted the patterns to be bold and masculine (papers from Crate Paper Boys Rule) and then I just added die cuts and stamps that matched. I used the Paper Smooches OrnamentsAdornments  Hexalongs, and the NEWEST File Folders dies (I was able to get my hands on these early)- LOVE! And I used stamps from the PS Off the ChartsLittle Fella, and Digits sets. Seems like a lot of detail and work, but it was EASY! Hopefully you see how I was inspired:)

That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs, get inspired, and leave them some love


And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details!!!! This challenge ends May 2nd. I cannot wait to see what you make!!! 

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is such a fun card!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the colors and the cork!!!!!

Indy's Designs said...

Great use of all those different pattern papers!

Lisa Petrella said...

Cool card! So many great details!! And I love the mix of patterns!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun mix of patterns, this is cute Sav!

Nora Noll said...

This is so funky!! LOVE the fun mix of patterns on this!!