10 May 2015

Paper Smooches SPARKS: May Picture Perfect challenge

Hello, friends:}
Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! This week is a Picture Perfect challenge.  







This week we are inspired by the following picture:

The first thing that caught my eye was that wood chevron table... and I instantly thought of the PS Retro Arrow die. I knew I wanted to use that on my card. And that really was my only inspiration, well except for the flowers. I added some of those with patterned paper by Crate Paper {Craft Market}. EASY!  

This is actually my Granny's 83rd birthday card. She celebrates on Tuesday this week. I think that this is a beautiful card that sums up my love for her and ties into this challenge;) 
Other techniques and things found on this card: watercoloring with random inks ***and to be honest, I was afraid this watercoloring wouldn't look good at first! When I first applied the ink, it was hideous! LOL! But I kept going and LOVE the result!PS Happy Birthday Words die using gold metallic paper, Recollection white enamel dot, and stitching. LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!  

That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs, get inspired, and leave them some love.

And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details!!!! This challenge ends May 16th. I cannot wait to see what you make!!! I might even join in the fun again this week and share some of my other ideas:) Fingers crossed I have time- LOL! 

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the chevrons!!!!!!!!!!

Samantha Mann said...

Your card is just beautiful! I LOVE the background and that beautiful die cut sentiment!! ❤️

Lisa Elton said...

Wowza Sav, this is beautiful!! The little bit of watercoloring is eye-catching and I love the pretty gold sentiment!

Shelly said...

OOoh, LOVE this!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that coverplate and love the gold sentiment!