20 October 2017

CardMaker + Terial Arts blog hop

Hello, friends! 
I'm so excited to be participating today in a blog hop with the CardMaker Magazine blog team featuring Terial Arts. You should have arrived here today from Gaylynn's blog. 
I have created quilted postcards for almost 9 years! I love using fabric on my projects... however, the problem is that the fabric frays or is hard to attach to the card. That is why I'm sooooooooo excited to have a bottle of the fabric stabilizer from Terial Arts!!! 

I followed the easy steps to transform my fabric to paper-like stiffness using this stabilizer. So easy! And it literally was easier to cut and use- I ran my fabrics through the die cutting machine without any problems at all!


I stitched each piece on my quilted postcard base and then attached it to my postcard cardstock (which I embossed using the same die cuts). To finish I added some dark brown bias tape around the edges. Simple! 
I know it's kind of hard to see--- but the embossed image is the cup with the leaf in the center. 

My favorite part about this postcard is the embossed steam behind the cup and sentiment- I know you can't really see it... but it's all in the details:) You might actually see the steam better in the first photo in this post! 

Your next stop is the fabulous Clare

Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy hopping! Be blessed:) 

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is FABULOUS! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sav & Trav said...

How much would it cost to mail that thing?

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful and so cleverly done!

Sue D said...

This is so cute! Love the leaf on the cup.

Lisa Elton said...

This is marvelous Sav! I like that pretty little stitched leaf!

McStamper said...

Love your fabulous quilted post card. Something about cups - so cute. Thanks for the inspiration. I love fabric and have Lots. Definitely going to try this.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Wow !! This is so creative ! I like that.