19 January 2010

EtsyInspired challenge

Hello, friends [again] :}


I having another card for you today--this is for the EtsyInspired Challenge. We had to visit Amethyst Soaps on Etsy. I loved looking at all the pretty colors--not sure I could use those soaps since they are so beautiful! 



I picked this one as my inspirational piece. I was also surfing the net (I know right? ME! Surfing the net!). I found some free Hero Arts brushes or digi stamps...not even sure what that is....but I printed it off after using Distress Ink on the background. The background was a bright orange...I used Fired Brick and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to make it look like the soap. The sentiment is from the Unity August 09 KOTM. I love love love the way it turned out--I might change the background of the sentiment to a creamy orange/red...but I still like it. AND get this...I usually work on cards that are about 4x5...this is a square! I don't do that--and it was fun! I did add a bit of extra on one side with the sentiment...but maybe I will tackle a circle or shaped card next!!

I hope you are doing well! I'll post more this week...maybe even a pic of Trav and I since I haven't shared any family photos for a week or two:}


Thanks again for stopping by! Until next time~
Love, Sav

3 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

This is beautiful Sav! Thanks so much for playing along. I'd write more but I'm sooooo sick! Hugs!

de said...

This turned out amazing Sav! And PERFECT for your inspiration piece!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing the EIC this week! :)