08 April 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS Designer Drafts challenge

Hello, friends:}

Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! The second week of the month is always a DESIGNER DRAFT challenge. 




This week we are inspired by the following sketches: 
I LOOOOOOOOVE my card for this week's challenge because

  1. These papers are my FAV!! I used the new Studio Calico Snippets collection.
  2. I followed the sketch on the right probably 95%--again!!! I'm getting good at not straying too much!
  3. Trav said he loves this card-- that makes me love it (even though in reality I envisioned a bit more on it.... but since he gave it a thumbs up, I like it too!)!
I also used some of my FAV Paper Smooches stamp sets for this project {Word Salad and He Said She Said, plus I used two of my FAV PS dies {Alphawhimsy and Notebook Basics}. LOVE LOVE LOVE! 
That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs, get inspired, and leave them some love


And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details!!!! This challenge ends April 14th. I cannot wait to see what you make!!! 

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

ps... just in case you like to get a "head start" on challenges, we now share the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge photos on the Paper Smooches blog on SUNDAYS!!! That's one day early!!! Be sure to check it out HERE!! 

16 comments:

Glenda J said...

This is so much fun! Love your interpretation of the sketch and the speech bubble is perfect!

Natalie said...

Very cute Savannah! Love the font on the sentiment. Cute design.

Lalo said...

AWESOME!!!

Lynn said...

this is awesome Sav! I love how the bubble has the quotes and the sentiment is quoted...too perfect!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME! LOVING the colors and love love love love the quote thought bubble!!

Jessica said...

What an awesome card, Savannah! Love your mix of fun papers and dies! Such a great take on the sketch!!! :)

Tracy said...

Great card! I love all of the patterned papers!

Miriam Prantner said...

So fun, I love the use of the dies and your patterned paper choices!

Lindsey said...

Super card, Sav! And I really _can_ see the sketch in your design! :D

Virginia L. said...

Such a FUN take on the sketch, Savannah! You such a pro in mixing pattern paper! Just lovely in every way!

yyam said...

Bold and beautiful. Love how you mix patterns Sav.:)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Such fun card, Sav!! You're so good at combining all the pp and make the card so fun.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

hehehe! This is such a fun card! I love it!

cm said...

Hi Savannah - THANK YOU for your awesome, welcoming, motivating and inviting comment on my Butterfly Thanks card/post. You totally made my day (especially since I'm feeling *grrrr...* about some chevron-themed cards I'm about to post - or maybe not!). Maybe I will simply as proof to myself that I tried! Your card here is delightful! Inspiring - as always! Your cards, comments, videos are gifts - thank you for sharing!!
And yes, this sketch is on my radar (no chevrons allowed!) Enjoy your evening...
c

Angi Barrs said...

This is so fun Sav! Love the bubble word!

cm said...

Great card, Savannah! The Snippets paper looks fantastic, and the PS goodies - well, we know how amazing they are! You showcase them wonderfully! THANK YOU for your comments on my Birthday Chevron post! Yep, my poor husband - having to contend with a wife who is a bit zany! With all the head-shaking he does in response to my antics, it's amazing he doesn't have whiplash! Your cards, your posts, your comments - all so lively and effervescent - reveal that you are quite remarkable! Thank you for sharing your positive nature and warm heart with all of us! Enjoy your evening; I'm off to post a card with, yes, another 'chevron' and then one without! Yayyyy!!
c