14 March 2014

Chickaniddy- Date Night card

Hello, friends:)
 photo picasioncom_8146e2e38e727ecc241fe5a27ac0c266.gif
I'm sooooooo thrilled to share my first Chickaniddy project with you today! I'm a huge fan of the Date Night collection! I loooooove the patterned papers, the colors, the little enamel hearts... and I LOVE the silver foil paper! SWOON:) 

As I looked through my Date Night papers and embellishments, I found a journal tag that had a guitar on it. I knew instantly that I wanted to create a card for my husband using this tag- it's perfect since we are musicians! This card came together quickly after I found my inspiration.

Chickaniddy Supplies: Paper Awesome Blossom (DN140S01), Cutest Couple (DN140S05); Journal Tag Cutest Couple (DN140S05); Stamps Date Night (DN14ST01); Stickers Date Night (DN14EB05); Brads Date Night (DN14EB06); Enamel Hearts Date Night (DN14EB07)

I really enjoy mixing patterns and papers, and one of my favorite techniques for stamping includes "masking". I used this technique to make this horizontal sentiment into a vertical design! I love how this turned out! 

1. Cut patterned papers and attach to card base.
2. Cut (fussy cut) journal card and attach to card.
3. Mask sentiment using blue painters tape/washi tape. Stamp each word individually and vertically next to journaling card.
4. Add stickers, banner, brads, and enamel hearts. 
5. Complete card with a couple of mini staples.
This was a simple yet detailed card-- perfect for my husband! I love this new collection from Chickaniddy! I'm looking forward to sharing more creations using the Date Night collection! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Be blessed:)

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the colors, the guitar and that sentiment!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I knew right away who this fabulous card would be going to! Great job ;)

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet card! Loving all that mint and great masking!

Shelly said...

This is AWESOME!!! Love the papers and how you did the masking for your stamping...perfect! :)

Unknown said...

Love the colors on this card!! You are rocking the Chickaniddy!

Shannon J said...

You've started with a bang, Sav!! Love this! Those papers are amazing...love, love, LOVE them! Totally love the sentiment and how you re-configured it to stack! You are awesome!!!

Kylie said...

Ooh, isn't this lovely! The shades of blue are beautiful and that guitar - bet Travis LOVED it! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations using this collection.

nancy carroll said...

Cute idea, thanks

Samantha Mann said...

I
Love
This
Card!!
The colors are awesome!!! I couldn't love mint more right now if i tried!!! Ha ha! And this is perfect for your love, too!! Wow!! Just a stunner of a card!!

Sav & Trav said...

Nice card. Like all the various photos. Notice a new signature...interesting :)