14 July 2022

2022: Spellbinders Winter Collection [cards #115-117]

Hello again, sweet friends! 

I am beyond excited to share that I was asked to create a few special projects for the amazing company Spellbinders!!! Can you believe it!?!? WOW! 

Their new Winter Garden Collection is now available and is full of different Christmas themed stamps and dies. You can click HERE to see it all--- and you can be like me and put it all in your cart today! I want everything:) 

I was really challenged with the two die sets I received because I don't normally work with flowers... or 3D images! I had tons of fun stepping out of my comfort zone to make the following Christmas cards. If you know me then you know I love a good challenge that makes me think and try new techniques or styles! 

I made three cards to share today. I'll start with the first card I made because I failed at making a flower 3D! LOL 😂 I tried but the die cut flower just didn't look right (that's where the challenge came in and it drove me to make another card!). This first card is very clean and simple with a sentiment and the flower. I think it's very pretty... but that flower challenged me! I also have never heard of this flower before, the Helleborus Christmas Rose. I did some research and found it to be a very beautiful flower. You can't see it in this photo, but I added a bit of glitter to the flower to make it pop. 

Because I was struggling I decided to move on to the other flower die set, the Jasmine Etched dies. This little flower inspired me to do an accent panel on the left side of a very clean and simple card. I love that the papers for the leaves and stems are striped, matching the background paper. The simple sentiment (from Create A Christmas Sentiment die set) was the perfect accent and finishing touch for this project! 

After the success of a 3D Jasmine flower on the last card, I jumped back to the Helleborus Christmas Rose and made a vintage holiday card. This is my absolute favorite card of the bunch-- probably because I was successful with the 3D flower!! LOL ;) What I wasn't so successful at was adding copic coloring as the accent for the petals🤦🏼‍♀️ I used two different copic markers but I guess I needed to go darker for the lines to show. Either way-- this is my favorite card! I love it! 

That's it for me today, but I have a feeling I will be back with MORE 3D flower creations using the Spellbinders Helleborus Christmas Rose and Jasmine Etched die sets! I had so much fun getting crafty with these dies.

Be sure to check out the new Spellbinders collection and order your Christmas and holiday themed products HERE

I'll be back to share MORE soon! THANKS so much for stopping by!    

Be blessed ❤️
Sav

No comments: