First of all.... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for reading my posts and commenting below or on Facebook! I'm so happy to hear from friends from my hometown, as well as blog friends--- Praise the Lord for the internet which allows me to connect with my friends!!!
And THANK YOU for all of your responses! I love how accepted my posts are and that I'm lifted up by YOU! I'm so blessed-- THANK YOU!
UPDATE: Well, Court and I are at the True Women '14 conference--- OH MY! Sooooo much fun! We have 2 more days- FUN FUN FUN! Here are some pics from our trip (and then I will share a quick reflection below):
I have worn a scarf EVERY day! It's SOOOOOOOOOOO cold! I remember why I moved from Indiana to Florida-- I LOVE the sun and warm weather!
Apple picking- we only found 2 good apples:)
Walking to the first session- SUPER excited! *Sorry this is blurry!
Girls Night Out + AWESOME dinner!
This is Erin Davis- I won the tickets to this conference on her blog, Lies Young Women Believe. LOVE! THANKS, Erin!
Trav's been texting me to keep me updated on what he's been doing and because we miss each other so much. He spent Friday with Court's husband, Jarred, and kids. I love this photo of Court's youngest and Uncle Trav.
Reflection: Let me just say (ONE more time)... I LOOOOOOOOOVE this True Women '14 conference!!! I highly recommend you check it out and attend next year! Ok, back to my reflection:)
It's kind of funny how God reveals or connects things sometimes. This week I did a devotion on the story of Mary Magdalene and how she was the first to see the risen Lord. No joke- that same day (not more than an 2 hours after), Janet Parshall spoke about the same story and Mary Magdalene! Plus, my Confirmation name (I was raised in the Catholic church) is Mary Magdalene *I don't go by this name, but I love that I picked her name. And really, it's not part of this connection, but I thought I would throw this little Savannah Fact into the story! This has got to be more than just a coincidence... and I think what God wanted me to think about Mary Magdalene and her story is:
- Jesus changed Mary's life (and mine)- For Mary, he cast out 7 demons! Uh....I think I've got it bad with migraines and trials! 7 demons is a bit worse! Either way, Jesus changed her forever. This changed caused her to support Jesus' ministry and serve him even after his death. I think I need to stop complaining and see the change. I know the exact moment I asked Jesus into my life and how that changed me... but what about all the little changes? God wants me to not forget those! He can change me in little and big ways... but I need to remember both!
- Every story of salvation is powerful and needs to be told- I think that Mary's story of being healed from 7 demons is powerful! So are stories of how someone was freed from the chains of addictions. But what about my story? I don't think it's that exciting or that it would help anyone understand anything about Jesus. God obviously thinks differently; otherwise, He wouldn't have had me read this devotion! LOL! So after some thought... I realized that my story, my Salvation story, is important and definitely needs to be shared with others! *I'm thinking I might share this story someday:) Plus, I found out this past week that I'm not alone in my trials and suffering--- and what if my story will help someone else!?!?! Honestly, this recent trial hasn't been my first... I actually was abused in many ways growing up. When God revealed this abuse to me a couple of years back, I went through a small trial... that story could help someone else! I've got LOTS of stories! So my thoughts are that I need to start working on a testimony story to share! My story is powerful because Jesus changed me!
- To slow down and have some silent time before prayer (more on this later)
- Go through all my new books from the conference and pick a new study to start:)
- Continue to pray/read my devotions daily
THANKS so much for stopping by today! Be blessed:}