10 April 2023

2022: Spellbinders Stylish Ovals Collection [cards #24-29]

Hello again, sweet friends! 

I am beyond excited to share that I was asked AGAIN to create a few special projects for the amazing company Spellbinders!!! Can you believe it!?!? WOW! 

**Bonus---there's a great sale going on! Check it out!!! 

You can find the newest collection HERE- Stylish Ovals.  

I posted yesterday about my injury [HERE]. This injury has caused me to put a hold on crafting and working... and life in general. But Yana contacted me a week or so ago and asked me to create some projects using the new SO goodies... and of course I said YES!! I wasn't sure how I would do it since I can't move my wrist and barely can move my fingers. As of February 1, 2023 I had created a total of 23 cards. For 66 days I have been recovering and unable to move. But just in the last three days, I have made FIVE more cards!!!

The bad news is that it took ALL afternoon for a card. 
The good news is that I did it๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ I can't wait for you to see these beautiful cards. I had soooooo much fun creating each- especially the last two as they reflect my "cardmaking style" the most!! 
**All links for the supplies can be found at the bottom of this post. 

First up, a card using the new 3D Beautiful Butterfly embossing folder. This was my first attempt at crafting again... so I pulled out some EVO papers I had inked up a year ago and embossed it to create the background. After that, it was easy to finish this card. I love it!
Next up is a trio of cards. I had an idea... it didn't work out... so I did two other versions. LOL. 

The idea was to foil the sentiment over the embossed background or before I embossed. I realized after creating the background and embossing that it would be impossible to get the sentiment foiled and flat. So I foiled it on colored cardstock and FUSSY CUT it out--- yes, FUSSY CUT with my injured hand! It took forever and I was in so much pain. When I say my wrist doesn't move... it doesn't! So this task was impossible. That's why you might see lots of mistakes on this card. LOL ๐Ÿ™ƒ
So I tried again by foiling on a transparency sheet. It worked but I messed up cutting the card base... again, my wrist doesn't do well with pressure from the cutting board. So I made that into a birthday card and created ANOTHER base for the foiled transparency. Finally, I loved how that transparency looked and finished the cards. 
These last two are my absolute FAVORITES!!! These cards took me back to my roots of cardmaking- I used to use so much patterned paper!!! I love the layers and the colors and the designs...I love it all๐Ÿ˜

This first card used the new Fill My Heart Sentiments stamps(see the gray inked labels?!!--I wanted a soft detail on the labels and those flowers were the perfect touch!!!) and the Stitched Floral Flip Frame dies but I only used the solid die. I thought it looked really cool as an element of interest. 
That's it for me today. My wrist/hand is hurting from typing so much... but it's SOOOOOOOOOOO good to be back๐Ÿ˜‰ I have a long road of recovery ahead of me, but I'm sure I'll be back to share more crafty goodness soon- at least I hope!!

THANKS so much for stopping by!    

Be blessed ❤️
Sav

Facebook: Savannah O'Gwynn
Purchase cards HERE: https://bit.ly/Savannahland2forsale 


Supplies Butterfly Birthday
Paper: ETC Paper EVO synthetic papers; white; vellum
Inks: Ranger Alcohol inks (Purple Twilight, Pistachio, Limeade, Stream); Imagine Crafts VersaMark
Accessories: Spellbinders Beautiful Butterflies 3D embossing folder E3D-055, Frame die KOM-Oct21, glimmer machine, Mini Everyday Sentiments GLP-260; Pink & Main gems; WOW! Embossing Powder Opaque Bright White Super Fine; white thread
Card #24

Supplies Trio
Paper: The Stamp Market Lagoon; transparency; vellum; gold cardstock
Inks: The Stamp Market Lagoon 
Card #25-27

Supplies TOY Sympathy
Paper: Project Life Becky Higgins Polka Dot Party ED.; white
Inks: The Stamp Market No Line/Gravel; Imagine Crafts VersaMark; WOW! Embossing Powder Metallic Gold Rich Super Fine
Stamps/dies: Spellbinders Fill My Heart Sentiments STP-183, Stitched Floral Flip Frame S4-1267; Hug Snug Snow White ribbon; Ranger mini stapler 
Accessories: The Stamp Market Confetti 
Card #28

Supplies Special Day
Paper: The Stamp Market Color Crush Solids 6x6, Miss Modern 6x6, Bloom Street 6x6
Inks: The Stamp Market Peach; Imagine Crafts VersaMark; WOW! Embossing Powder Opaque Bright White Super Fine
Accessories: white/black twine; The Stamp Market large gold paperclip
Card #29

No comments: