17 July 2012

RCC62 challenge

Hello, friends:}


In case you missed my ribbon necklace tutorial yesterday on the Ribbon Carousel blog, click HERE

There's a new weekly challenge that starts today over on the Ribbon Carousel blog!!! This week Danielle Lounds challenges us with a color story
My card design was inspired by the current iSpy challenge. I did change the sketch a bit--LOL! I pulled out several items from the Ribbon Carousel shop for my card, including October Afternoon's Sidewalks paper and Cherry divine twine. I also used some of my new Bazzill cardstock {available HERE from the RC} for the hearts. I used several stamps from Paper Smooches {Chit Chat, FOLKal Points, Hang Ups, and He Said, She Said}. LOVE it! It's simple and fun! I'm also entering this in the Stamp It! Cards Love Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World because everything has been stamped [well, not the text! That's paper:)].
I used glossy accents and a glaze pen to help the hearts and sentiment pop.

The RCC team would love for you to join in the fun this week! Here are the details:
  • Make your NEW creation following the ribbon carousel challenge (sketch, inspiration, style or color) image. Be sure to include some type of ribbon, twine, hemp, lace....basically, anything that comes on a spool.
  • Your creation can be ANYTHING from cards, quilts, sewn items, paper crafts, paintings! ***Be sure to have ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine, lace, thread (basically anything that comes on a spool) on your creation! And be sure to follow the RCC challenge theme!
  • Load your creation up onto your blog or a public viewing forum like SplitcoastStampers, (use the keyword RCC62) with a direct link back to The RCC blog post. Including the challenge graphic isn't a requirement, but sure is appreciated! A participant of our very first challenge didn't link back or mention our challenge and couldn't be named Top Spool, so don't let that happen to you!
  • Come back to The RCC blog post and link in your creation using the Inlinkz button at the bottom of this post. Your image may take a little while to pop up but don't worry it will appear shortly.
  • Be sure to come back the Friday after the challenge ends to see if YOU are a Top Spool! :D
This challenge will end on July 23rd at 11:59pm EST.

Please head over toRibbon Carousel shop and check out their products!!! I just made a HUGE order because I loooooooove my ribbons and papers:) 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket


17 comments:

Laurel said...

Savannah this is an amazing take on that sketch challenge! I LOVE it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I love love love love all the thought bubbles and the hearts!!!!

Lin said...

Oh, I love this card! Anything with text and hearts makes me melt!

Kara Lynne said...

What a fantastic card!!! It sends a wonderful message in such fun way - very clever!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so much fun! Love how neutral it is with those great stamped heart accents!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Too cute, Sav!

Natalie said...

Love, LOVE LOVE the word bubbles and the hearts using the Glossy Accents! I may have to CASE this!! TOO CUTE!!

Beverley said...

Lovely fun card, love how you interpreted the sketch, stamps you used & colours.

Wendy ten Hove said...

This card is sooooo pretty, Sav!!! Loooove all the text balloons talking hearts! Fabulous idea, that's for sure!! Wishing you all the best!!
Loooove, Wendy

yyam said...

How cool is this! I love the speech bubbles! And the added dimension! :)

Marlena M. said...

I love the bubbles and bit of twine Savannah. ;) The hearts are so sweet!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Clever card and take on the sketch! Love the quote boxes and the hearts. TFS

Vickie Z said...

Love the word bubbles and hearts! What a fun card! Thanks for playing at I Spy!

Kim Teasdale said...

Now this is stinkin' cute! Great out of the box thinking with the take on the ISSC24 sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this week at iSpy Sketches :D

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Savannah! Thanks for linking this up to the Love Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

This is such a great card! LOVE all the shiny hearts! And I love, love, LOVE the color palette, but I never seem to get much love at the Ribbon Carousel. So, I haven't played in ages!