19 November 2012

Paper Smooches SPARKS Nov. Cool Shades challenge

Hello, friends:}



Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! The third week of the month is always a Cool Shades challenge.  




This week we are inspired by the following photo:
TRUTH TIME--- I'm sad to say that I have to admit these colors threw me for a loop! I literally sat on these colors for a week before going to buy some Bazzill cardstock from Michael's. I wasn't sure if I wanted to make a masculine card (which I have a design for...but the colors didn't work)....or if I wanted to make a friendship card using some flower images {Friendly Flowers}....or what I could do with these four colors! I finally ended up with a Christmas/Holiday card-- LOL! Again...I never thought this would be the case! But I LOOOOOOOOVE my card! I used some My Mind's Eye A Mother's Love and Fancy Pants Designs The Good Life papers {available HERE from the Ribbon Carousel} along with some of the cardstock papers that I got from Michael's. I used only three PS stamp sets for my card {Alphadot, Freezy Fellas, FOLKal Points}. LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! Fun & graphic--and perfect for the holiday season:) **NOTE::: I think I nailed these colors!! Non-traditional holiday card--LOVE x100000! 

That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs and leave them some love


And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details!!!! This challenge ends November 25th. I cannot wait to see what you make--I just LOOOOOVE my Paper Smooches stamps. Did you just see the new Kismet set that came out on Nov. 15th??? LOVE

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

14 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the mix/match of patterns...so sweet!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute. Love that sentiment. The glossy accents are great, and I really like the bold strip of black/white chevron print too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is ADORABLE!! i loveeeeeee that snowman and the sentiment is so sweet!!!

Nina Yang said...

haha, that is what I am thinking too: we must have bought the same cardstock packs! :) Love your mixed patterns on the card! so cute and cheerful Sav! Happy Thanksgiving!

Lisa Elton said...

I like this little fella Savannah! And your glossy accents look great with all of those playful patterns!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, gosh, I just loooove this snowy dude, he's fun!!And that sentiment is just THE BEST! Great card, Sav, goes very well with these colors!!
Hugs, Wendy

Sav & Trav said...

Is it just me or is that non local paper?

Andrea M said...

This is so super cute Sav! Love that awesome little snowman!

Lori said...

This is an adorable holiday card--you did a fabulous job with the colors! Love the little bit of Glossy Accents you added to the image, too.

Glenda J said...

This is so cute! I absolutely love it! Great layout and I love how you used the colours! FAB!

The Paper Parade said...

Awww, I love his shiny nose, and that adorable sentiment you created! All those patterns are really fun too :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Oh how I love this card. The colors work so great, but the layout you used with them is just perfect and I like that added black and white chevron on the side. Also your crystal effects on the hearts and nose is just superb!

Unknown said...

This is adorable, Savannah! LOVE the washi tape! Hope you had an awesome thanksgiving:)

Natalie said...

SUPER cute!! Love the nontraditional colors!