12 November 2012

Paper Smooches SPARKS- Nov. Designer Drafts {post1}

Hello, friends:}

**After 9am EST--Please click HERE or scroll up for my Mama Elephant post. 

Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! The second week of the month is always a DESIGNER DRAFT challenge. 




This week we are inspired by the following sketches: 
Now before I share my creation...WARNING: I did NOT follow the sketch as I had planned! I tried--I really did! I promise to share another creation later this week that looks like this sketch:) 

Like always---I wanted to interpret the vertical sketch in a different way. Here's how: 

  • the scallops became an arrow
  • the two background panel sizes were changed (one is way larger)
  • the sentiment is at the bottom and not sideways
  • I added A LOT of stamping and layers to the center panel
I used some of my new Simple Stories SNAP! Color Vibe  and Life papers {available HERE from the Ribbon Carousel} for my card. I also inked up several Paper Smooches stamp sets {Chubby Chum Pals, Spookalicious, Giddy Bugs, Chit Chat, He Said She Said, and Teen Routine}!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE how this card turned out--even though it doesn't look like the sketch! 
That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs {this is the NEW team's first creation/challenge!!!} and leave them some love


And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details!!!! This challenge ends November 18th. I cannot wait to see what you make!!! 

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

18 comments:

yyam said...

This looks awesome! Love your interpretation! :)

Nina Yang said...

Love how you altered the sketch, Sav! Very inspiring!

Lynn said...

I can see the sketch! This is fabulous Savannah...love how the arrow grounds all the fabulous elements together.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors and loving all the sentiments on here....perfect!!!!

Andrea M said...

Love what you did with the sketch Sav (whether you followed it exactly or not :))! Awesome project!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Such fun card, Sav! Love it!

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving all the SN@P on this card, so fun and trendy!

Jessica said...

This is so much fun, Savannah!!! Love the mix of stamps along with the fun paper elements! :)

The Paper Parade said...

Sav, you have such a great eye for stand out cards! I love how you took this sketch, this card is so fun!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE this to pieces, girl! The bright colors are so fun, and you know I'm diggin' the kraft! Plus, your placement is too fabulous! Just love it!

Virginia L. said...

Darling card, Savannah!! I love how you layered the lovely images and paper! Awesome design!

Lisa Arana said...

This is a FANTASTIC take on the sketch. Soooooooo cool! You always rock my socks!

walchowDesign said...

Fun take on the sketch, Savannah!

Lindsey said...

What a fab collage of images and papers, Sav!

Sav & Trav said...

That looks very familiar... You're the best

Sue Lelli said...

Oh this is so AWESOME, Sav ~ who cares about following the sketch whenyou create something as FAB as this!

Alice said...

love the happy colors and the layering of elements. such a fun card!

Lisa Elton said...

Great card, love all of the movement with your design and patterns!