**Click HERE for the Imagine Crafts & Magenta GIVEAWAY blog hop!
Well... last week was a disaster spiritually. I really let the devil take me down paths of uncertainty and fear.
This week... wasn't much better, but I'm standing stronger on Truths. I know that I'm being attacked, and at times I fall into fear and believing the lies, but I keep looking forward and towards God. He's the only one that can help me get through this. And He's the only one I want to look to anyway!
UPDATE: So my schedule was crazy busy this last week! I've been getting ready for a crafty/garage sale, and I had several friends stop by to get some of my stuff. And all of this working out.... oy! It takes like 3 hours out of my day to get to the gym, change (I have to put on knee braces/etc), workout, change again, and come home! That's three hours I could be listening to Moody Radio! Or crafting:)
One fun thing that Trav and I did this past week was attend a Buccaneers game. I didn't know that that was an NFL team... I don't really like football! I never really got into any sport! LOL! But we went and had an AWESOME time! I asked questions the entire game (because I didn't understand what was going on)! And while watching a video of the players asking the audience to "get louder", I got an idea. I've heard that we should scream and shout for God more than we do at a sports game (or the TV if you are at home). I told Trav that I should ask for those videos and play them at church so we can ask the congregation to "get louder" for Jesus! LOL! LOOOOOOOVE it:)
**photo to the left- BEFORE the rain, photo below- AFTER the rain
: I'm continuing the Prayer series by David Platt, Radical. I've got so many more series to listen to! Can't wait to share what I've learned and how I'm going to apply it to my life!! Click HERE if you want to read the previous info from this series.
- PRAY: Praise, Repent, Ask, Yield- This is very basic and so simple. And what's funny is that I do this... kind of! Repenting isn't my fav... esp out loud with Trav or others, but it's soooooo important. It helps me get clean and acknowledge my need for Jesus. I'm finding that what I do for prayer is exactly how I should do it. And I was sooooo afraid that I was doing it wrong! LOL!
- The only thing I need to actually work on is believing prayer for myself. I believe it for others, and I can pray for others at any time. But I'm struggling to speak to God about my problems and what I want. I think it's because I just feel like I'm in a fog that I don't even know what I want, where to be, what to do. I blame the trial I'm in... hopefully I will get past this, and SOON! So the question I keep asking is, "When I pray, does God hear and will He answer?" I need to pray with more confidence! He DOES hear me! He WILL answer! And if he doesn't answer now.... I need to trust Him because He knows what's best for me. **NOTE: I know God hears me. I don't really question that, it's just that I do in a way. If that makes sense??
- The other thing I need to do is pray consistently. I pray daily and usually for some of the same requests... but I need to believe Matt. 7:7-8. It doesn't say to just ask/seek/knock once... I need to CONTINUE to ask/seek/knock. I think this will be good for Trav and I as we search for the next step.
- The goal for prayer is to get intimate with God, to see Him, see ourselves and need for a Savior, repent and get cleansed, communicate and commune with God, and then yield to His direction/guidance in our day/life. REMEMBER THIS, Sav! NOTE TO SELF!!!!!!!!
My goals for this week (same as last week):
- Continue to take notes from the Prayer sermons/podcasts/etc.
- Continue to pray/read my devotions daily.
- DO NOT let the devil win! DO NOT listen to lies from the devil but fight back with Truth!
BEFORE I GO----------- you might not have checked out this giveaway on my blog from Lies Young Women Believe HERE or HERE. LYWB was giving away tickets to the True Women '14 conference in Indianapolis.
I never think I will win when I enter giveaways... but I DID! I won 2 tickets and a worship CD! I am taking my best friend, Courtney! I cannot wait to report back to you about this conference! ***I hope that you can attend as well--- if you are in the area!
Thanks so much for this great opportunity, Erin and team!
THANKS so much for stopping by today! Be blessed:}
ps... I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Lyn, Wendy, Miriam, and Toni for their super sweet an encouraging comments last week! I apologize for not coming around to your blog or responding to you with an email... I did read each of the comments and was lifted up! THANK YOU! THANK YOU for praying for me, as well! I know that God is working in my life and I see answers (or some direction from God) to many requests! Praise the Lord:) THANK YOU❤️