23 February 2014

Paper Smooches SPARKS Feb. Designer Drafts challenge

Hello, friends:}

Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! This week we are sharing a DESIGNER DRAFT challenge. 




This week we are inspired by the following sketch:
**Sentiments can be placed anywhere on the sketch.

I realllllllly tried to follow this sketch! I really did! But this design just came to me and I went with it:) LOL! I used a journaling card (Dear Lizzy/Becky Higgins Polka Dot Party) for the white panel.... I also made the bottom two strips into a washi tape and string combo....the vertical strip became a sentiment. So.... I wouldn't say I really steered away from this sketch! LOL! I followed it maybe 78%! LOL! 

I created these birthday cards using some of my fav product- including some American Crafts Polka Dot Party papers and Paper Smooches Happy Birthday and Group Hugs stamp sets. The sentiments are stamped in some Tsukineko Delicata Silvery Shimmer inks!! LOVE! And that vellum banner (cut from the PS Flag Tags die set) has a white sentiment stamped using Memento Luxe Wedding Dress. LOOOOOOVE how soft it is! LOVE LOVE LOVE this entire card! 
So sorry you can't see that vellum banner-- it really adds a soft touch:) 
Here's another pic.... maybe this will show it better!?!?! 

That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs, get inspired, and leave them some love

And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details!!!! This challenge ends March 1st. I cannot wait to see what you make!!! 

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

11 comments:

Erin said...

LOVE this, Sav! The soft colors are so pretty. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the layers!!!

Shannon J said...

Oh Sav, SO pretty!! And I think you followed the sketch 100%...and there result: a million % of awesomeness!! You always amaze me with your designs!!!

Katie Gehring said...

This is gorgeous, Sav. Love the vellum banner, washi and the use of a journaling card. All the elements come together to create such a beautiful and dreamy card!

Samantha Mann said...

oh wow. absolutely beautiful card! i LOVE that vellum banner you added!! and the silvery thread is just an awesome touch!! i LOVE it!! the colors are so soft and the background paper is totally modern!! love love love!!

Lisa Elton said...

I can sorta kinda maybe see the sketch in there Sav LOL!! And I DO see the vellum banner. Love this card and all of the pretty elements that went into it!

Chris Dring said...

You are such a rebel! LOL! Look at you, taking that sketch and OWNING it! But that's just how you roll, so don't sweat it! Your card is absolutely fabulous Savannah! Love the soft colors and vellum tag! TFS!

Sav & Trav said...

Dang that's the card I photographed... Wish I could get it off my camera to share here ;(

Angi Barrs said...

Fabulous! Love how you added the vellum!

vic said...

Hi sav oohh love this card it's super sweet :) how pretty is that journal card with the button!! You have a new follower
Hugs
Vic

cm said...

Eek - I'm falling behind with commenting! I'm here, though, oohing and ahhing in complete amazement and delight at this soft, pretty, sweet card of yours! The vellum, colours, AND journaling card combination is ultra stunning! You *may* have followed the sketch 78% (I'd say much higher), but the final product ranks A+++++! Awesome and beautiful!
Hugs~c