20 February 2014

Reverse Confetti February Color challenge (video)

Hello, friends:}
 
I've got a fun little video to share with you today! I used the RC February color challenge as my inspiration. 
When I looked at  this color story, I actually was nervous! I wasn't sure what I was going to create! But the longer I looked at it and went through my RC stamps, I knew I had to make a nautical + masculine + CAS card! It just fit! :) **I state in my video... this project actually started as a scrapbook page! LOL! 


 
For my card, I pulled out some old Echo Park and American Crafts papers and then I used my Tsukineko Memento Luxe Espresso Truffle ink for the dark gray. I added a bit of red using some Whisker Graphics Red divine twine. The stamp sets I used includes the Reverse Confetti Happy Harbor (one of my FAV sets) and Count Your Rainbows. I looooooove how this turned out! ***NOTE: There were lots of problems when recording this video- it always happens when I'm recording! LOL! This card looks easy but the video proves that I was having problems! LOL! I absolutely LOOOOOOOOOVE that stamped anchor on that vellum circle! LOVE LOVE LOVE
I used red metallic paper for the sentiment- it's hard to see in this photo.
Here's the video! Hope you enjoy, and I hope you will create some easy "bag wraps" for your next treat:}
That's it for me today! Be sure to stop by the Reverse Confetti blog for more inspiration! And be sure to follow us on Facebook HERE

Thanks for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I just loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the anchor!!!

Anonymous said...

Great jb going with the nautical theme. It makes perfect since, but looking at the colors I wasn't sure what on earth you could do until I read nautical then it all made perfect since. The card turned out beautifully.

Lisa Elton said...

Love it when you add vellum to your cards Sav! This is terrific!

Shannon J said...

I LOVE the size of that card! I totally agree with you, I see nautical all over this colour scheme! Really love the metallic red too. Oh, and I think your bow is juuuust perfect :)

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE that red paper, this turned out wonderfully!

Unknown said...

I SO love these bag wraps and you make them look so easy and cute!!! Gotta love the anchor on that vellum :-)

~amy~ said...

totally love!

Samantha Mann said...

what an awesome sized card!!! and the colors - swoon!! i agree - they're wonderful together!! and you are the fuzzing xutting champion!! i bow down to your scissor skills!! lol!! amazing!! you are incredible!

Chark said...

love your video and thanks for the tut--the card is cool!

Sav & Trav said...

I find that that sentiment speaks directly to your qualities as a friend. Love you. Friend.

KFlaherty said...

The vellum adds just the right amount of pop!

CalleLillyCafe said...

Love this!!

Christine Kiehl said...

Wow, This card speaks volumes about the new release and your talents!! Outstanding!