14 July 2013

Mixy-Matchy Style challenge

Hello, friends:}

If you follow my blog or visit regularly, you probably know that I loooooooove mixing and matching my patterned papers. **It was actually one of my ideas for a design challenge for my guest spot on Yvonne's blog! I probably could submit about fifteen cards for the Moxie Fab Mixy-Matchy Style challenge (that I created from the starting date until today), but I only have time to share one card! I ran out of time!! LOL!

I created this card for this Moxie Fab challenge and shared it on the Virtual Smooches blog as part of my "Vellum & Paper Smoochesvideo. 
I absolutely love love love the patterned papers-- polka dots, floral, woodgrain, and diamonds. LOOOOOVE x100000! 

I think the key to matching patterned papers is to have one design that is dominant and then smaller accents of other patterns and colors. It's almost the "gallon/quart/pint" rule for patterned paper:) Another good tip for working with mix/match papers is to have different sizes of patterns-- this will help the eye movement on your paper.

That's it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by (or stopping by the VS blog!!)! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I just loveeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the rays!!!

Natalie said...

I love to mix and match papers, it reminds me of my quilt making days!
Cute card and great tips!

Laurie said...

OH my! This makes me SO happy! I love love this card! The stitching is amazing and I love the little silver dots! Awesome!!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Oh - this was a PERFECT choice to share for that challenge! LOVE LOVE LOVE this beautiful card!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

~amy~ said...

Oh I ADORE this!

Lisa Elton said...

You are the queen of mixy-matchy Savannah!! I like the stitched velum sun rays and my favorite part of the card is the teeny bit of sweet floral paper stapled in the right corner!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE those stitched, vellum rays, love! And your mix of patterns is perfectly delightful! Such a beautiful creation!

Samantha Mann said...

Aweeeeeeeesome!!! Loooove those patterned papers!! You're a master! The vellum rays are stunning! Love love love!!!

Shannon J said...

This card is out of this world awesome, Savannah! Love every element so, so much!!!

yyam said...

You do amazing work mixing and matching patterns!

cm said...

I LOVE LOVE and LOVE this! All because of you (and I shared this with Kim, too), I ordered the power rays die! Yippeee! And I fully, unabashedly and totally plan to scrap-lift some of the cards you've shared with us, because they're awesome+++ So glad you entered the Moxie Fab challenge; definitely a winner! Hugs to you!
c

Miriam Prantner said...

So fun! Love the polka dot paper peeking out and the vellum is awesome!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

What an awesome card Sav! Love, LOVE the velumn layer with the stitching! The mix-matched papers are fab. I know you have a video out there on how you created this one, gotta watch it!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sav! Thanks for linking this up to the Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)