09 July 2013

Seems Like Forever...

Hello, friends:}

I haven't been sharing any of my publications with you-- and I apologize! I have been so busy that I just  forget when the magazines come out or what creation was published where! I really need to update my resume too! I have had at least 20 new publications since the last entry! 

The only reason I'm sharing this one today is that I actually wrote down the publication date in my calendar! LOL! HOOOOOOOORAY:) 

Be sure to stop by the Moxie Fab and Paper Crafts blogs to check out more inspiration, challenges, and giveaways (you could win this mag!)!!

I wasn't even going to submit to this call-- no time! But I decided to send in one design. I love this card. I used so many of my favorite products and techniques! 
I only have one card in this magazine-- I'm lucky I even have that! Submitting isn't the same anymore... and I just don't have time. I wish I did have more time, but I know that submitting can consume me. I was spending more time creating instead of on things that "matter". 

For about a year and a half, I've decided that I wanted to spend more time with my husband and God. I don't regret that decision one bit-- the memories I've made with Trav mean so much to me. And God has really shown me what I need to work on, as well as His amazing love! Those times are the best! So if I don't get published again... I'm ok with that:) I know that maybe one day I will be the featured designer for God's Craft Magazine in Heaven (ok... I can't guarantee God has a magazine in Heaven... but I know that He is pleased with my decision and that He loves all my creations. That's worth more to me than anything!). Best decision I've made since I left teaching-- God and Trav matter most in my life right now. Why wouldn't I spend more time with them?!

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. Colossians 3:2-3

(sigh). I'm not sure why I shared that last bit... I guess I thought I needed to explain my absence sometimes on the blog and in print (meaning magazines).

That's it for me today! I appreciate you stopping by and all of your love and support! THANK YOU sooooooo much for following me! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

19 comments:

Lisa H. said...

congrats, Sav! it's still so exciting each time you get a card picked up for Pub. I totally understand the time thing, it is hard. Great card, it's not a surprise it was pub'd. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats on all the pubs!! Your card is gorgeous!! I love the colors!!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Beautiful card! And I totally get that need to prioritize! Good for you!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Stacy Kay Brais said...

That's awesome!! Beautiful card :) Thanks for sharing that little bit about yourself. Sometimes we all need reminded of what is important after all.
Blessings~Stacy

Christina said...

Congrats on the publication! Your card is so fun and colorful. I can't wait to see it in print!

Angi Barrs said...

So glad you shared your thoughts today Sav! I'm right there with ya!

Congrats on your pub!!!!

Stampingcountry said...

Epic Card! You have you priorities straight.

Miriam Prantner said...

I love that you shared and that you are living out your priorities/loves!

Unknown said...

I love this post. :) This is a gorgeous card and I am so happy for your publication! Oh I'm sure God has a crafting magazine or two up there with our names on it. Big hugs and thanks for popping by my blog! :)

~amy~ said...

super ginormous congrats...I LOVE it.

Loly Borda said...

Congrats on being published! Yay! Love your work and totally agree with your priorities!TFS

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on the pub, Savannah! This card is oozing with so many goodness! I hear ya about having priorities and I admire you for that! HUGS!

Kara Lynne said...

This is such a fun, inspirational card! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. God is the Great Creator, and He blessed you with creativity. Good for you for putting Him first! When we keep it perspective, He can use our gifts in ways we never imagined!

Natalie said...

Congrats on the publication, Savannah!! Good for you getting your priorities in order. It pleases the King when you put Him first! Your reward will be great.
{Hugs}

Jinny Newlin said...

Yay! Congratulations, love! I've got my first PC publication in this issue ;). Keep those priorities straight, and He'll take care of the rest. Hugs!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Don't you worry girl, just do what is right for you. I am absolutely certain that if God has a craft magazine in Heaven you are in there. Meanwhile, love what you do publish and just what you share here. This also brings meaning to peoples lives, just in a different way. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Sav & Trav said...

You are loved! 143

Sue Lelli said...

FAB card and GREAT post! THX for sharing! HUGS! Sue

Maureen Morton said...

I didn't realize that you were so darn famous! Doesn't matter one bit to me - that you are following your heart sure does. Amazing card, but a more amazing wife and follower of God. Love it and you!