08 July 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS July Designer Drafts challenge {post1}

Hello, friends:}

**After 6amEST--please click HERE or scroll up/down for my Reverse Confetti blog hop post! 

Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! The second week of the month is always a DESIGNER DRAFT challenge. 




This week we are inspired by the following sketch:
Ok... so the PSS DT created card that didn't include the jar... so I went ahead and followed this sketch 99%!!!!!!! I used a jar, straws, and the such! HOOOOOORAY! ***NOTE: The sentiment was created by Trav-- I asked him what this card should say and he came up with this sentiment. I have to admit that I looked at him with big eyes-- this sentiment was SUPER hard to stamp (esp. since I had to mask every word)! And I need to give credit to my friend, Laurie. She stopped by while I was making this card, and she prayed me through it! She said she learned a lot about masking... probably more than she wanted to know:) THANK YOU, Trav and Laurie

I used some of my favorite papers by Fancy Pants Designs {The Good Life} for this card. I looooooove those polka dots! This is a fairly simple card (minus the masking for the sentiment)... I did use 8 stamp sets for this card and some dies! I inked up the Paper Smooches Word Up, Spiffy Scooters, Pretty Phrases *this stamp set was used to make several words in that sentiment-- LOVE!, Swanky Snowdudes, Green Thumb, Freezy Fellas, FOLKal Points, and Crystal Clear stamp sets. I also used my new Crystal Clear1 dies for that jar-- which I'm super excited about because I stamped the "Ball" sentiment on the vellum with Versamark ink and then used the stem of one of the plants for the line under the sentiment! Laurie and I looked a Ball jar in my studio for that inspiration! LOVE LOVE LOVE
Trav says he loves the size of this card-- it's def. tall! 
Not sure if you can see it-- but here are two close-ups of the Versamarked sentiment and line:)
That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs, get inspired, and leave them some love


And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details!!!! This challenge ends July 14th. I cannot wait to see what you make!!! 

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

ps... just in case you like to get a "head start" on challenges, we now share the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge photos on the Paper Smooches blog on SUNDAYS!!! That's one day early!!! Be sure to check it out HERE!! 

ps2... head over to the Splitcoast Forums to check out and chat with the PS crew and fans!! Use the keyword papersmooches when loading up your creations to your gallery!

18 comments:

Kerry said...

LOVE! Oh my goodness...where to start...That jar with the two straws is just so sweet when paired with the perfect sentiment! (Kudos to Trav!) And I just love the size/shape of the card, the polka dots, and touch of color!

Sue Lelli said...

This is Adorable! LOVE that sentiment and the vellum jar and those FAB straws! Just Wonderful, Sav!

Tracy said...

Such a cute card. The tall cards are becoming a trend I think. Love what you did with the jar. I just received my jar dies and I ordered the stamp so I should get it in a few days. Super excited.
Tracy

Lynn said...

This ranks as one of my all time favorite cards of yours Sav. It is amazing! Love every last detail!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this!! LOVING that jar and the straws!!! Tooooooo fun!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Love the versamarked sentiment and the sheer jar, love the height/size of the card too!

Basement Stamper said...

Love it! Love the size of your card and the jar with straw and sentiment is darling!

cm said...

An absolutely stunning card; a labour of love indeed, with the combined 'muses' belonging to you, Trav and Laurie! Tall and handsome; CKAS and PS (purely Savannah); thoughtful and heart-warming! Only other thing left to say: LOVE++++!! Utterly charming!!
c

Jinny Newlin said...

Cute, cute, CUTE! LOVE that vellum jar with the stamped image, and that sentiment is perfectly priceless! Absolutely darling!

donna mikasa said...

Super cute, Sav! Love the TALLness and those adorable polka dots! Love!!

Lisa Petrella said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! Such a super duper sweet card!!!!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! I LOVE this!! Such a neat design and all of your added elements make it that much more Amazing!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Michelle said...

Wow! This is super-cute! Those straws are adorable. I love the versamark ball. Great touch!

Elena said...

Wow! This card is absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

Wida said...

super duper great card for the inspiration. I don't have any PS jar images :( wish I did now that I see this card!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This card rocks my world Sav! I love the glassine elemnt on the jar and the perfect straws!!!!

Els said...

I totally love this card, Savannah!! Great details and colors! fabulous job!
Els.

Lisa Arana said...

oh goodness... you are always so clever with your designs. LOVE this one to pieces.