26 August 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS August Picture Perfect challenge

Hello, friends:}
Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! The fourth week of the month is always a Picture Perfect challenge.  







This week we are inspired by the following picture:

So.... this photo has LOTS of inspiration for me.... the colors.. the design of frames inside of frames (which are PERFECT with the PS Scalloped Frame dies)... but I went with a chic/modern card focusing on using just two frames and one PS stamp set. TOTALLY NOT ME! I know! 

My inspiration of course were the frames, and I used two random frames that I found in my studio closet (a chipboard one from Tattered Angels and the other is from Teresa Collins- I think! LOL!). This card is super simple using just patterned paper by Hambly Screen Prints (that I've hoarded for about three years), some vellum lace by Hambly as well, and a sentiment from the Paper Smooches Slang Gang stamp set. I think this card could be for just about any occasion- birthday, anniversary or wedding day, graduation, etc! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I love the black and white/cream with the touch of yellow and aqua-- kind of went in a different direction than the inspiration photo! LOL! 
I went simple because Trav told me this card didn't need anything else... I was thinking maybe a birdie over the sentiment or some splatters... maybe another stamp? Thoughts?
That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs and leave them some love

And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details. This challenge ends September 1st. I cannot wait to see what you make--I actually can't wait to see what you are inspired by in this photo!!

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

20 comments:

Lyndal said...

FAB card Savannah - I think it would be cool to add a photo in the frame - or leave it for the recipient to add :)

Lynn said...

I love the sweet little frame Sav and the sentiment is perfect!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the postage stamps frame and what a fun sentiment! Trav was right, I think this looks complete!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the hambly bikes and that frame!!!

Jamie said...

Fabulous card Sav:)

Sav & Trav said...

We shoulder should take a picture to put in your frame... Maybe this coming week

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun card! I'm loving the overlay, the vellum lace, the pom pom trim, great combination of elements!

Chris Dring said...

This is beautiful Savannah! I agree with Trav this time, I think it looks perfect the way it is! That little pop of blue is just what was needed! TFS!

Wida said...

very cool and artsy too

Sue Lelli said...

I agree with Travis and that sentiment with the turquoise just rocks! FAB card, Sav!

Michelle said...

Fun! Fun! I love it! :)

~amy~ said...

sweetest card evah!

JJ Bolton said...

This one is a stunner Sav! Love the way you used that acetate piece in the frame! Wow!!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Fab design! Love the bicycles.

Samantha Mann said...

what FUN card!!!! i LOVE the acetate elements!! a bird would have looked great added to it, but it really is a work of art, as is!! so cool!! love that frame!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

super cute, love the touch of color! I haven't even checked out SPARKS this week....the HORROR!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I agree with Trav; it's perfect! Love, love it. Love the unexpected take on the inspo,pic, too.

Houses Built of Cards said...

OH my...this is just LOVELY!!! Simply adorable! LOVE the pop of turquoise on the sentiment with the soft and subtle color scheme otherwise! It's PERFECT!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

I looooooove your card Sav..... love all the layered images, very arty :0)
Jenny x

Lisa Arana said...

you are absolutely amazing. I just love how you interpreted the SPARKS photo. You are always full of brilliant ideas.