16 September 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS Sept. Cool Shades challenge

Hello, friends:}
Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! The third week of the month is always a Cool Shades challenge.  




This week we are inspired by the following color story "Fresh Fall":
Purple, Teal, Lime Green, Grey

This is probably the FIRST time that I used the color story with ONLY cardstock! I didn't use any patterned paper! I also feel like I've pulled out a bit of Teri Anderson from deep inside of me again! I love love love her style... and I feel like this card kind of reminds me of some of her creations! 

So my card is really basic (remember the PSS challenge invites all styles and crafters to join in the fun). I used the Paper Smooches Timber stamp for the woodgrain design, and then I paper pieced that super cute owl using the PS Fanciful Fall stamps and dies. I also used the tree from that set to create the branch- LOVE! I die cut some leaves using the PS Leaves1 die. SUPER simple and fun! And these papers match the color story perfectly! LOVE x100000! 
That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs and leave them some love

And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details!!!! This challenge ends September 22nd. I cannot wait to see what you make--I just LOOOOOVE my Paper Smooches stamps SO MUCH!

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

14 comments:

Taheerah said...

So funky! Love the little heart next to the owl, and that bold woodgrain panel!

Larissa Heskett said...

OH WOW!! I LOVE this SAV!! Such a FUN design and take on the color challenge!! LOVE how you colored all of the different sections!! AWESOME color blocking!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo cute! I love love love that owl!!!!

Jamie said...

This is so cute Sav!!:)

Lisa Elton said...

Look at you go girl with NO PP!!! This is adorable, love the sleepy eyes on this owl!

Shannon J said...

So, so FAB, Savannah! You make purple look soooo good!!! LOVE how you have been using that wood grain stamp lately too. In awe, and inspired as always!

Michelle said...

How sweet! I love her little eyelids. Reminds me of the blue eyeshadow that was popular in the 70's. heehee. Very cute!

Sav & Trav said...

I'm a fan

Lindsey said...

This is adorable, Sav! Love the colour story anyway, and you've used it to perfection!

yyam said...

Awww....this is sooooo cute! Love how you worked those colours! :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Can you tell I am playing catch up?! :)

This card is soooo fun and I love how bold you are! The mostly plain colors with just a touch of DP, I would be afraid but of course you nailed it! My stamping hero!!!!

Maureen Morton said...

I am struggling with this color combo.....can I say it? I don't really like it. But you put it to work with such style on your card. A true inspiration! Thanks.

cm said...

How adorable your little purple owl is, with its'missing you' face! Fabulously eye-catching, as always! LOVE it! And Trav's comment: hahahahahaha! He's awesome, too!!
c

Pamela said...

Love this so much!!!!! Love love love how you used the colors so creatively!!! And I love how the owl has some teal eye shadows XD