23 September 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS Sept. Picture Perfect challenge

Hello, friends:}
Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! The fourth week of the month is always a Picture Perfect challenge.  







This week we are inspired by the following picture:

There are lots of elements that can be used from this pic-- I was inspired by the three butterflies, the jar, the vintage feel (the darker left side made me think of inked edges/etc.)... and something flying around a jar. 

So all of those things translated into this card. 
This vintage style isn't really my thing... but I love these My Mind's Eye papers together (and I think they fit the challenge well!). I did distress each edge of the paper and all four sides of the card (another technique that I rarely do!). Trav did help me with this card- he told me to put three bees on there (like the photo- three butterflies). I really REALLY wanted to add some flying swirls or dotted lines behind the bees, but Trav said "No. It doesn't need anything." **Not so sure he's right! LOL! To finish the card, I added stitching and a sentiment. Kind of easy... but took awhile due to it being out of my comfort zone. The Paper Smooches stamps I used include: Spring Fling, Artisan Blocks, Hope (to create the honey label), FOLKal Points, Daisies & Paisleys, and Healthy Vibes. I also used my FAV Paper Smooches Crystal Clear1 dies. LOVE that little jar! 
Trav even mentioned that he loved that jar- esp. that honeycomb design! When he came into my room, he said, "I like that jar. You did that, didn't you?! Looks awesome!" LOVE that he knows my work <3 i="">

That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs and leave them some love

And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details. This challenge ends September 29th. I cannot wait to see what you make--I actually can't wait to see what you are inspired by in this photo!!

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

14 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

LOVE your card!

Lisa Elton said...

This is WONDERFUL!! So cute Savannah and those papers are perfect!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooo cute!! I love love love the bees and the jar!!!!

~amy~ said...

awwww....super SWEET

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet! Love the stitching, the bees and that twine!

Taheerah said...

For someone who doesn't love vintage you sure coulda fooled me! ;-) Awesome card Savannah! Love the glossy red heart! Also love that Trav helped too. :-)

Chris Dring said...

I agree with Trav - less is more in this case. Savannah, your card is just so adorable! Love the patterned papers you used, the stitching and those cutie little bees! TFS!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I just love how this turned out, Sav! Absolutely perfect, and ever so sweet!

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous Savannah! LOVE the little bees and the neutral tones. thanks for popping by my blog! *hugs* :)

yyam said...

Love your take on the inspiration! Super cute! Love the bees!

Sav & Trav said...

My call was correct- it's awesome

cm said...

Your 'collaboration-with-Trav' card is amazing!! I agree with his advice: your card is PERFECT as it is! "Vintage-y," pretty, soft - eye-catching in every direction! How awesome that Trav plays a part in everything you do! What a pair you are - inspiring!
c

Shelly said...

Awww....so sweet! :)

Jenny said...

Your card is adorable Savannah, I love the honeycombe pattern on the jar and the punny sentiment..... fab take on the photo :0)
Jenny x