10 September 2013

Reverse Confetti- SFYTT#4

Hello, friends:}

Last week over on the Reverse Confetti blog you will find the NEW Sketch For You To Try challenge. Be sure to stop by the RC blog for more inspiration and details! 

As you might have guessed... I made this sketch my own! Typical Sav! I moved the rectangle to the side and made it smaller. Plus, I used chevrons for the vertical piece, and then I used a journaling tag instead of a tag tag. I know-- I really should follow sketches better! Maybe for October! LOL! 

BACKGROUND story: So Trav and I have been on vacation since August 29... I worked extremely hard to get my creations done for the week we were gone... I had over 11 projects to complete, plus about 15 posts and 2 videos. Let me say that doing these in such a short amount of time made me CRAZY! Plus, I think I might be low on mojo because the past two days I've created CAS cards! 

All of that to say... sometimes you don't need to add/stamp much on a card. My card for this sketch is very very CAS! It's almost one layer too (if I hadn't put that tag on foam dots!!!). I paired some Becky Higgins' Project Life papers with one of my Me & My Big Idea journaling cards. I used the Reverse Confetti Arrows 'n Elements stamp sets as accents-- for the tag and the white chevrons. This set is PERFECT for adding just the right "extra" sentiment and those chevrons... MY FAV x10000000! I love how the chevrons on this card are subtle-- totally doing this again on another card! LOVE x100000! 
***NOTE: I also normally don't like when my stamping is messy, but the chevrons are SOOOOOOOOO fab that I didn't start over or scrap this card! I love how the ink looks! Totally doing this on another card as well:) And I know you might not be able to see it, but trust me!!! It's awesome:) 
That's it for me today! Be sure to stop by the Reverse Confetti blog for more inspiration and challenge details! **This sketch is open for 2 weeks-- from September 1 to the 14th. One winner will receive the next entire stamp release!!  **NOTE: We originally stated that you must play with Reverse Confetti stamps to win; however, we are allowing “anything goes” until the end of the year. Note, that we will be adding this requirement in January.

And stop by the RC Facebook page and "like" us!! 

Thanks for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

14 comments:

Shannon J said...

Nope! Your mojo is in full swing! I LOVE this! Those chevrons are just so perfectly subtle (love!) and that little touch of orange on the just sayin' just pops (love, love, love!!!). BTW, you are awesome, just sayin'!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Right back atcha girl!! Nifty card and nifty colors!

Angi Barrs said...

Fabulous and fun! I love the font on the sentiment.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* this is just gorgeous!!! I love love love the colors and loveeeeeeeeeeee the sentiment!!!

~amy~ said...

Your card is AWESOME!

Unknown said...

Looks fine to me! Very fun card!

jen del muro said...

Such a fun card! Hugs-Jen

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the "just sayin,". Great card, Sav!

Natalie said...

Super cute, Savannah. Just sayin'....

Sav & Trav said...

You're allowed... Just sayin

Wendy ten Hove said...

Just so you also don't forget:
YOU ARE AWESOME AS WELL! :D
Hugs, Wendy

Taheerah said...

This card is 100% awesome my friend!! I love the colours, the bold graphic look, and those chevrons!

Thank you so much for your kind words on FB. You have no idea how much it means to me. *hugs*

Katie Ann Brooks said...

I missed the cut off for this one durn it! Oh well. I love this card, you do so much with just words. I always focus on the images and it is good to see that isn't always necessary!

Sav & Trav said...

I'm very blessed to have gotten this card over the weekend. I'll always remember it!