17 September 2013

Ribbon Carousel #85 Back to School

Hello, friends:}
Have you played along with this month's Ribbon Carousel challenge yet??? The RCC is now doing monthly challenges with a huge prize at the end for one lucky player!!! The prize::: a ribbon carousel!!!!!! This month's theme/challenge--- Back to School

Here in Florida the kids go back to school around the second week of August. Some schools go "year round". I always enjoyed getting the classroom set up for the year- running copies of my favorite curriculum books and workbooks... setting up the desks....making decorations and more! I had the best students! I even had several come back each year to help me set up the classroom with me (SOOOOOOOO awesome!)!!! 

I went kind of CAS- I just thought these papers {We R Memory Keepers Hall Pass} didn't need much help! I added some sentiments from the Paper Smooches Chart Toppers set and some dark brown ribbon. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I think this card might be perfect for our friend, Daria. Hope she likes it! 
That's it for me today--but make sure you stop by the RCC blog for more details for this challenge and DT inspiration!!! And click HERE to link up your creation!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Be blessed:} 
Photobucket

10 comments:

Taheerah said...

So pretty Savannah! Love that bold patterned paper teamed with that ribbon and those little journalling cards - awesome result!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeeee the colors, the ribbon and LOVING that sentiment!!!

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card...love that ribbon!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

What a fun pun! This is super cute and I love the background DP and ribbon!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet card! Perfect for back to school!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute design Savannah, I like the stripes!

Shannon J said...

This is soooo perfect to show love, support and encouragement to a sweet kid going back to school! Love how you let the papers have the spotlight, but added your signature staples and sweetness to the card!!

Maureen Morton said...

Love the vintage look of this, Savannah. And that perfect bow with the great ribbon ties it all together perfectly.

cm said...

No doubt you were your students' FAVOURITE-IST teacher ever! Your classroom must have been so warm and inviting, and your lessons ever so engaging! Best students? Probably because they had the BEST teacher!! Your card is super sweet! Love the *spelling*, the papers (as always - a perfect, eye-catching winning combination), the colours...the works! AWE-SUM job, Ms. O'Gwynn, absolutely AWE-SUM!!
c

Angi Barrs said...

Love this! The ribbon is a great added touch too!