31 August 2014

Paper Smooches SPARKS Anything Goes (wk5) challenge

Hello, friends:}
Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! Another Anything Goes challenge starts today!   
That's right--you get to create ANYTHING you want (as long as you use Paper Smooches stamps)!! This is the BEST challenge ever!!!

I am not sure what to call this technique... and I'm not even sure I'm the first one to ever think of it... but I wanted to watercolor backwards. That means that I used the stamp image to guess (roughly) where the design is and watercolor that, and then I stamp over that coloring. I looooooooove how this turned out. 
For the watercoloring, I used Imagine Crafts Ink Potion No. 9Radiant Neon Electric Coral ink and Memento Angel Pink ink. LOOOOOOOOOOVE that pig from the Paper Smooches Green Acres set--- the coloring is a bit more than the image... but I still think he's cute:) 
To finish the sentiment, I used the PS Birthday Words die set. I thought maybe the pig was squealing because he was celebrating.... maybe I can't talk pig! LOL! 

That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs and leave them some love



And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details. This challenge ends September 6th. Hope you join in the fun--- this is the EASIEST challenge ever!!!!!!!!

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

soooo CUTE!!!

Lynn said...

Too cute Sav! Love the whimsical feel of this card!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooo cute! LOVING that piggy!!!!!!

LesLee said...

So so cute. The technique I have been dying to try now you have made it a must. I love the verse you use at the end of your post. My life verse is Psalm 46.10

Lisa Elton said...

How CUTE is this little oinker!! Love the wash of pink you added, so FUN!!

Lisa Lara said...

I love that your watercoloring is outside the lines Sav.

donna mikasa said...

Squeal!! Soooo cute, Sav! I LOVE how you colored the sweet little pig--such a great idea!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! That pig makes me smile, love it!

Megan Carroll said...

This is super cute! I love it all...the patterned paper, the twine and washi at the top and of course your unique water coloring! Fantastic card Savannah!

Samantha Mann said...

Oh I love love love this!!!!!!! Awesome colorin idea - soooooo adorable!! And that pink is so vibrant over the patterned paper too!!! You're amazing!! Love this!

Jenny said...

Sav, that little piggy is soooo cute.... love how you sploshed the colour outside the lines too :0) I need to get that PS set too xx