22 December 2011

PDCC #112

Hello, friends:)

We are starting another color story today over on the  Play Date Cafe blog! This week's colors are fun and perfect for Christmas-- Deep Red, Lime, Pine, Egg Nog. Our sponsor this week is Lil' Inker Designs. And...this is a 2 week challenge!!! 

The PDCC DT was super lucky to receive some Lil' Inker Designs stamps and dies to play with--I received this fun Jingle Joy die set. I knew I wanted to make a Christmas card using my new Authentique Wonder collection papers....and while looking at these stamps and dies--I realized that the "J" looked like a candy cane! PERFECT:) So I made a gingerbread man holding a candy cane with two more creating a heart at the bottom. LOOOOOOOOVE how this turned out! And those ribbons and twine....available at the Ribbon Carousel! LOVE that red ribbon--I actually distressed it so it looked more cream than white. I also used the Authentique sketch challenge for my card design--I think I actually left this sketch alone! LOL! 
That's it for me....but be sure to stop by the PDCC blog for complete details and prize information! The PDCC sponsor this week is Lil' Inker Designs. Be sure to link up your creations by Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012 at 11:59pm EST. This is a 2 week challenge!!! 

Thanks for stopping by! Be blessed:}

Photobucket

15 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a cute card! Love the candy cane heart, and love that Christ is front and center in your sentiment. Feel better!!!!

Angi Barrs said...

So fun & festive. Love the color combo.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is just too cute, Sav! LOVE your little, gingerbread man and mini alphas sentiment! Hope you're feeling better today! Sending lots of love!

agdesigns said...

Lovely card and especially love the heart from the "j"!!!
<3 ag from agdesigns

Virginia L. said...

Love your darling card, Savy! Every little element is perfect! Wish you and Trav a Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year!

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE this heartwarming card Savannah! Lots of sweet layers and accents. Hope you're feeling better ;)

Karen B. said...

OH this is great! Love that twill bow!

yyam said...

Ahhh...you make the most delightful cards! This just puts a big smile on my face! Love the elements you used!

Hope you get well soon...hugs and sunshine!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You have a brilliant crafty mind, using the 'j' as a candy cane! I LOVE this card: lots of homemade goodness and a warm fuzzy feeling here. :) GREAT job, Sav!

Marlena M. said...

What a cutie patootie card, Savannah! I pray you have a blessed Christmas. ;)

farmhouse-story said...

oh, my, this is adorable cute--love it!

lisa arana said...

super sweet sav! Merry Christmas to you and yours dearie!

Lisa H. said...

ack! this is waaaay cute. love the gingerbread boy.

Laura Pryor said...

What an amazing design!! Absolutely spectacular!!!

Tifany said...

You know I love it!
Thank you for participating in Authentique Paper’s December Sketch Challenge!
I hope you will join us again for the January Sketch Challenge: http://goo.gl/Vu8Tl

- Tifany DeGough
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com
{Authentique Paper DT Coordinator}