15 October 2012

Paper Smooches SPARKS Cool Shades {post2}

Hello, friends:}

**Click HERE for my Mama Elephant post! 



Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! The third week of the month is always a Cool Shades challenge.  




This week we are inspired by the following colors: 
My jaw dropped at this color story because 1) these are super pretty colors and 2) I knew I didn't have many patterned papers that matched these colors exactly....esp that light purple! So I went over to my paper stash and pulled several pads out to come up with this card. I used Basic Grey Plumeria and My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two: Rosy, Nostalgia, and A Mother's Love {all available HERE from the Ribbon Carousel}. I also used several Paper Smooches stamp sets (maybe one or two images from each set) including Hullabaloo, Graffiti, Spookalicious, Hang Ups, and Good Gab. The cantaloupe twine is from the RC and is actually seperated so I could use just the color. LOOOOOOOOOVE! It's the perfect Halloween card for a young friend and the current Ribbon Carousel challenge:}
I tried to make this owl look like a witch with the triangle hat...not sure that worked. LOL! 
I just love adding glaze to my images/sentiment--you can see how shiny it becomes!!

That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs and leave them some love


And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details and the design team call {HERE}!!! This challenge ends October 21st. I cannot wait to see what you make--I just LOOOOOVE my Paper Smooches stamps!!!

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
 Photobucket

12 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

ADORABLE, Savannah! LOVE the shape!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

Clever AND cute! :)

Alice said...

this makes me smile BIG!! too cute!

yyam said...

Awwww....what a cutie. Love the added dimension! :)

Lindsey said...

Your owl is SO cute!!! Love how you used the colours. (Note to self: must cut into Plumeria pad...) :D

Anonymous said...

Oh this is SO cute, Sav!! Love it!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Totally ADORABLE! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that owl!!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

OMGosh, this is just too cute! I'd say Mission Accomplished, trying to get the owl to look like a witch. :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so cute, Sav! I love that little party owl and the purple background is perfect!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Love this and the triangle hat is brilliant!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Love this and the triangle hat is brilliant!