26 January 2014

Paper Smooches SPARKS January Designer Drafts

Hello, friends:}

Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! This week we are sharing a DESIGNER DRAFT challenge. 




This week we are inspired by the following sketch:
**Sentiments can be placed anywhere on the sketch.

I kind of went my own direction for this sketch- I know that doesn't really shock you! LOL! 
I used an ampersand instead of a circle... I did add some "circles" with some random string...and I moved the sentiment onto the strip. Oh- and I made this card vertical but used the horizontal sketch! SOOOOOOOO.... I would say that I've followed this sketch about 87%! 

That being said... I loooooooove this card! I LOVE the papers which are by American Crafts Polka Dot Party (and the Dear Lizzy project life coordinating pack). I used just a few Paper Smooches stamps including Squeaky Clean and the NEW Kissables 1 sets. I also die cut some images from the PS Documented set. LOVE x100000! My favorite parts of this card include the embossed vellum die cut ampersand, the Wink of Stella on the die cut heart, the gold brad and gold embossing powder (LOVE!), and the glossy accents on the die cut "us"- it's the perfect touch! I just LOVE this card! 

That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs, get inspired, and leave them some love

And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details!!!! This challenge ends February 1st. I cannot wait to see what you make!!! 

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

21 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful!!! LOVING that big "&"!!!!!

Chris Dring said...

Yet another fabulous card, Savannah! It wouldn't be you if you didn't take a sketch and make it your own! LOL! Love this!

Lisa Petrella said...

I love this card, too, Savannah!! The colors are so yummy and I LOVE the giant ampersand and all of the fun details you added!

Shannon J said...

Oh Sav!! Seriously, there is nothing you do that I don't LOVE!! I love that you switched up the circle for an ampersand, and totally love how you created the "split" by embossing the lower half of the ampersand!! The sentiment - PERFECT!! I came *this* close to getting an Anything Goes card in last night - I was working on it as the deadline was looming, but my droopy eyes just wouldn't cooperate with my *need* to finish the card...grrr! So I ended up giving in and going to bed :( Hopefully I can get myself together and play with this sketch!

Miriam Prantner said...

That ampersand is just so cool! LOVE!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I love the vellum ampersand! So neat, Sav!

Angi Barrs said...

Loooove this card! Fabulous ampersand too!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh glory I love this card too Sav!! The ampersand looks marvelous the way you've fancied it up. AMAZING card!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh glory I love this card too Sav!! The ampersand looks marvelous the way you've fancied it up. AMAZING card!!

Meghan said...

Gasp! This is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Fun sketch and even MORE fun card! LOVE it! Thanks for popping by my blog! :) *hugs*

Michelle said...

Very pretty! I love the vellum. Cute idea!

Katie Gehring said...

Sav, this card is magnificent! I LOVE your 87% take on this week's sketch. You really captured that modern whimsy style with this trendy and fab card! :)

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVING your SWEET card for this weeks challenge!! Such a FUN Design!! Looking forward to The rest of the crafty week and I hope yours is FABULOUS Too!! ;)

Laura Davis said...

Oh my this is genius!
Laura

Samantha Mann said...

i love love love love LOVE this card!!! and your interpretations of sketches is incredible!!! i LOVE how you make them your own!! (and i totally crack up that you give yourself percentages too!! ha ha ha!!) the '&' i gorgeous and i LOVE that sentiment you created!! this card is beautiful and wonderful and FUN and modern and everything i love! :)

Rachel Izakowicz said...

I absolutely adore this! It is totally gorgeous - love every last detail. Amazing interpretation of the sketch!

cm said...

I'm falling behind in my comments *hanging head*, but here I am to tell you how wildly in love I am with this card! Everything - all those features you've mentioned - are spectacular, but the best part, by far, is that YOU have made the sketch alllll your own! That's where the magic happens: with the "purely Savannah" special touches! You may have earned 87% in following the sketch, but you're awarded 10000000% for creating one stunning card! LOVE this!! Hugs~c

Jinny Newlin said...

What's not to LOVE?! So many great textures and techniques, girl, and I just adore all the layering!

cm said...

Savannah - your AWESOME card is over at Moxie Fab! Go look! Yayyyy...cheering and applauding for you!!
c

donna mikasa said...

Swoooooning over your gorgeous card! What a fab take on the sketch, and all that delicious layering! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! And congrats on the shout out at MFW--so deserving!