24 November 2011

2 challenges: Authentique and Flashback Friday

Hello, friends:}


Happy THANKSGIVING!!!


I have a couple of creations to share with you today! I have been neglecting many challenges because I've been so busy with Weekend Worship {update below} and DT projects....but I managed to squeeze in some time for two challenges yesterday!! First up, I found my very first banner creation for the Flashback Friday challenge. I made this on August 13, 2010--not long ago! I really didn't like banners on my cards {when banners were the "in" thing}....but then I tried it, and I LOVED it! You can read more about this card HERE. I made this banner a couple of days later! LOL! 
Next, I found some time to play along with Authentique's sketch challenge. I was trying to think outside the box...so I made this diagonal strip into a tie. The three Xs--I thought I would spread them out and I made a tie clip with the hammer image from Paper Smooches My Guy stamp set. I also added a shirt pocket {that's--1. tie clip, 2. hammer, and 3. shirt pocket--ok ok!! I know that is stretching it BIG time--and I know I forgot the scalloped piece! OY! Next time I really need to follow the directions. LOL!}. I love how this turned out! I also love these papers from Authentique {Free Bird-Warmth}. LOVE!
And last but not least....an update on Weekend Worship. All I can say is WOWOWOW! I had a great time--Trav did too! We are so thankful for all of your prayers! God was moving, and I def. think He was glorified and praised {which was our goal}!!! I have NO pictures of the actual night/concert...I'm sorry! I will upload those ASAP!!! However, I do have the shoes I wore! LOVE them!! 
 Horrible pics taken with an iPhone--trust me...these shoes are AMAZING! Blue Suede!! LOVE:)
THANKS so much for stopping by! I hope that you have a blessed Thanksgiving--filled with lots of love, family, friends, and turkey!!! Be blessed:} 
Photobucket

ps...if you are looking for something crafty to do over the holiday weekend...check out these challenges!

19 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a fun banner card, Savannah! Love the shoes, too. Thanks for joining in the fun at Flashback Friday 17.0. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

farmhouse-story said...

fab cards and your shoes are awesome, savannah! have a great day!

~amy~ said...

Well, I'm thrilled you squeezed in time for the Flashback Friday Banner Challenge...you're card is absolutely bannerific!!!!! Love Love Love the sweet colors and patterns!

EXcellent Dad card...clean crisp and perfect!

Check out those FAB shoes!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Emily Leiphart said...

Love both cards! You are amazing at using colour, Sav!! Those shoes are soooo awesome! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Lindsey said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sav! Awesome blue suede shoes! :D Your cards are fantastic.

Jessie/knightrone said...

AWESOME cards!! LOVE them!! Those shoes are HAWT!

Angie Blom said...

Hello!! Awesome card Savvy!! Loving your Dad card.. How creative! But, those shoes are Fab-u-lous!!wowza!! You must look 10 feet tall! I would be the short little elf next to you!! I love that blue suede!! So glad you're worship went so well for you and Trav! Hugs to you both!! Happy Thankgiving.. I am so glad and thankful that you are in my life!! Xx

yyam said...

Ooh...love your sweet banner card! :)

And so clever with the interpretation of the Authentique sketch...love the tie and the pocket!

And love love love the fringe on your gorgeous shoes!!!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Love those blue suede shoes!! :) Your cards are great!! So glad that worship went well! :)

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Sav!

Hope you had a lovely day yesterday! Love your cards here! That Unity birdie is so cute! And you tie-card is genius! What a fabulous idea, the simple lines and colors make it totally perfect to me!!!
And your shoes!! Wauw!!!

Hugs, Wendy

StampinCathy said...

What fun fun shoes!!!

Your DAD card is just perfect. Great tie and clip.

OMGosh! What a fun and bright birthday card. I just love that adorable banner with all the fun stamps.

Thanks for always inspiring me.

Linda Beeson said...

The cards are fun! I would have so loved to have been at your Worship concert, I would want something like that around me regularily!

jen said...

Your banner card is STILL super cute! ;)
I think this is a FAB take on the sketch! And those papers are mmm-good!
LOOK at those cool blue suede shoes!!! :D
hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

lisa arana said...

wowie!!! look at that fabby banner card! amazing. LOVE your dad card as well. YOU ROCK!

Lindsay said...

Super fun cards Sav, love that tie card!

Um, your shoes are AWESOME! I could NEVER wear those!

Virginia L. said...

Wow wow about the card and the shoes!! FABULOUS! You should be a shoe model (when not card-making)!! LOL!!

Angi Barrs said...

Super adorable cards. Love the one with the tie on it. And you rocked that banner. Love your divalicious shoes too. :)

Hope you guys had a blessed Thanksgiving. :)

Misty said...

I love your take on the Authentique Sketch. The tie is wonderful and perfect paper choice. Thanks for joining us. Cute shoes!!

-Misty
Authentique Paper Design Team

Tifany said...

LOVE your take on the sketch! (I can never stick to a sketch myself...even if I am the one that created it!)
Thanks for playing along in Authentique Paper's Sketch Challenge!

-Tifany
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/
{Authentique Paper DT Coordinator}