21 June 2012

PDCC #137


Hello, friends:} 

We are starting another color story today over on the  Play Date Cafe blog! This week's color story is a player favorite- a COLOR SPLASH! Our sponsor this week is Want2Scrap  
I was lucky enough to get some beautiful blue gems, as well as black and white pearls, from Want2Scrap  And with all the magazine publication calls for winter/holiday themes, I thought I would make something using  Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdude stamps. I love that I was able to create a holiday card in the middle of JUNE! **NOTE:: Lately, I come up with the cutest cards for magazine calls...but I'm always late! The publication dates have passed! LOL! And, I LOOOOOOOOOOVE that black and white cardstock. It's Bazzill cardstocks {available HERE at the RC}. It was so easy to get a great impression while stamping! LOVE this card {x10!}!!!
If you look closely, you can see that I embossed the snowman's hat. And you can see the black pearls (snowman's buttons) and the white pearl on the bird's hat.
That's it for me....but be sure to stop by the PDCC blog for complete details and prize information! The PDCC sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp. Be sure to link up your creations by Tuesday, June 26th at 11:59pm EST.

And...the PDCC is having an open design call!!! Be sure to stop by the PDCC blog for more info. I hope you will try out!!! The PDCC team is the BEST DT EVER!!!

Thanks for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

21 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! This is ADORABLE!! I loveeeeeeee that snowman and the little flakes!!!

Lori Barnett said...

That is a great clean and simple color combo! LOVE those stamps...but I especially love that it's a winter card because I'm burin' up here in Arizona...and need all the cool I can get ;) lol!

itsallrosi said...

perfect color combo for the Snowdudes!

Kara Lynne said...

That's one cool snow dude! I love the way you used your pearls and that splash of color!

Jodi Collins said...

This makes me long for snow!! TOO cute!

Marlena M. said...

Savannah, this is so sweet and punny. I wuv that wittle birdie!

Donna B. said...

OK, you convinced me, I'm going to buy this stamp set!! I have a thing for snowmen and this one is just too cute!! LOVE this wintery card and how you added the bling. Great sentiment too!

Virginia L. said...

Love your take on the color splash challenge, Savannah! I have no PS stamps...must get me some :) HUGS!!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

This is so wonderful Sav! I love how you did the splash! I so can't wait to play along...I super love the colors this week!

Angi Barrs said...

Super duper sweet. Love that little birdie!

Debbie Carriere said...

Savannah, this card is fantastic!!! A wonderful use of the color splash!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is completely adorable. :) Sorry to hear you missed a pub deadline, though!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Savannah! Yikes this is so, so adorable!!!! Love that snowman and the little bird. Love the turquoise accents and the bling on the flakes and the buttons. It's fabulous as always!

Basement Stamper said...

very cute, love the gems in the snowflakes!

Lindsey said...

Perfect choice for a splash of blue -- great Christmas card!

Jinny Newlin said...

An absolutely perfect take on the splash! And I can't get over that sweet, little, paired sentiment!

DeNel said...

I LOVE your card, so cute!!!!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Yup, I surely looooove this one! Gorgeous in black, white and blue! What a fab idea! Okay if I use this for inspiration for some of my own christmas cards? Love it!!!
Hugs, Wendy

Ann said...

I LOVE me a snowman card ANY TIME of year! This is super cute!

yyam said...

whoa! Nicely done. Love the white space and the pops of blue! :)

Stacy said...

Oh Sav this is super cute!!!