06 March 2011

ATU #26 {birthday/celebration theme}

Hello, friends:}


Today starts a NEW challenge over at All Things Unity!! This is a good challenge too (each one is good! I just love this theme though--I think I make these cards the MOST!)!! 
Images by Lettering Delights- www.letteringdelights.com 

This 2 week challenge is all about BIRTHDAYS and OTHER SPECIAL CELEBRATIONS. You can make just about anything! LOVE it! I made two birthday cards, since I have 9 birthdays to celebrate this month! This first card was created using the CPS 207 sketch. I love love love how this card turned out--I love these Jillibean Soup papers--and this owl/sentiment are Itty Bittys from Unity's co-brand with Jillibean! LOOOOOOVE it! I'm also entering this card in the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I am also entering these two cards in the ABC DT challenge {birthday}. 


This next card was made using the Ippity Hippity Hop Twist challenge sketch. I turned the sketch sideways, and made the cupcake {Ippity Cuppy Cakes} the oval. I love how those parenthesis {Ippity Here & Now} look around the sentiment. I also have to note--I died that seam binding by myself! ACK! I know! I am so excited:) I learned that technique from Lin and Virginia!! THANKS, ladies. 
That's it for me today--but you are going to LOOOOOOVE seeing what the ATU DT gals created. So hop on over to their blogs. 











And don't forget to link up your birthday or celebration creations over on the ATU blog! You could win the March prize package! This month we are giving away some Jillibean Soup papers and stickers. LOVE it! I *wish* I could win!


Head on over to the All Things Unity blog for more details too--remember to link up before Saturday, March 19th!! Can't wait to see what you make:)


Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm headed up to Orlando (again) today to visit with my favorite older brother and his wife!! I'll post pics soon! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sav, I hope you have a lovely time with your brother. I love your cards. S xx

StampinCathy said...

Love both the bright and cheery birthday cards. You are so creative and inspiring. I have a lot of birthdays this month too.

Ruby said...

Your cards always make me smile Sav!!! I love that cupcake stamp and your little owl is adorable, love how you've done the twisty twine!! We MUST Skype x

farmhouse-story said...

i love everything about the owl card and the quotation marks around the happy, and of course, my seam binding!

Lindsey said...

The paper-piecing on your first card is utterly awesome! Both cards are super sweet.

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your gorgeous cards!! They are TRULY sensational...especially you dyed the ribbons all by yourself! What a FAST learner and a SMART cookie you are! Miss ya!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

You are oh so clever!!!!

FibreJunky said...

Dying seam binding is FUN!!!! I've got some more to do...and some more birthday cards to make. Lots of birthdays coming up, including Meg's (DD#1), and she needs a special one. As usual, I think yours are spectacular!

Julie Ranae said...

Really cute cards, Sav! Your owl card was one of Jimmi's faves this week at Ippity! And of course, I love how you used the 'Lemondrop' baker's twine from The Twinery!

kim c said...

Love your blog. Congrats on being featured at Paper Issues today.

whoistracy said...

So fun!! Just love that owl. I really need to get my butt in gear and play along with ya'll. I just keep forgetting. How is that possible?!

Queenie said...

SUPER DUPER CUTE!!! Especially the curly q under the owl!!

Andrea M said...

Adorable cards girly!!! The little owl is so stinkin' cute in his sweet party hat!!! And again with the awesome twine :) And the cupcake card is just too FUN!!! LOVE them!

Libby Hickson said...

LOOOOOOOVE both of these!! That owl card is about the cutest thing I've ever seen! Love how you did that loopy twine, so cute!! and BRAVO on the dyed seam binding, very cool!!

Lori said...

Another great entry...you really ROCK!!!! Thanks again for joining ABC DT Challenge.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I adore the twine under the owl and your bright, fun colors! The quotation marks on the second card are so stinkin' cool! Both are fabulous! Thanks for playing with us in the ABC DT Challenge!

Heidi said...

All of these cards are fabulous! Wonderful for anyone gets them for their birthday! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Savannah! Thanks again for entering the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the stampy fun! :)