04 March 2011

FWF {March 4th}--Recent publications and a NEW card

Hello, friends:}


Hang in there!! This is a LONG post with FAB pics!! New card at the bottom!!! 


Happy FWF!! Be sure to stop by the Unity blog for a complete list of blogs to hop! 


I have some exciting news to share today! I know most of you have already seen this...but I wanted to share it on my blog! I have wanted to get published for quite some time...and I was published last year in several magazines, including CARDS and For The Home. There is just something about seeing your name in print--and I just love how the magazine photographers really make your creations POP! Well--on Feb. 15th, my first two publications were on the stands in the Paper Crafts March/April issue! ACK! I was sooooooo excited! I have two creations in this magazine--both for the baby creation section [challenge: not using pink or blue]. I just looooooove this card--Chapter 2: New baby. I love the papers, and I used my Unity butterfly stamp {Butterfly Beauty}. LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! 
OH MY--there it is!! Soooo cute! Be sure to look for my tag in this mag too!

I was also published in the December CARDS magazine and the premiere issue of the Cricut Magazine. I know you've seen this tag before--it's using Unity's camper {Remember Happiness} and grid {Moments in Bloom} with a Unity tree {Naturally You}. I made this card using the PDCC color inspiration! When I found these magazines in our small local bookstore, I actually squealed!  Two of the customers just looked at me! I was sooooooo excited!!


And because I could...I made Trav come with me to the local Michael's and get some pics of me with my first Paper Crafts mag! OH MY! LOVE LOVE LOVE it:)
 
First pic--blurry so Trav had to go again! Next pic--action shot!
Ok--and now for a new creation that I made. I made this card for my grandma [it was her bday last week--and NOTE:: I have yet to send it to her, I was going to submit it to a call, but it didn't fit any! So it IS coming in the mail, Grandma!!]. I made this all by stamping and embossing. I used Unity's postcard stamp, a flower {To The Moon & Back}, butterflies {Happy Everything}, and script {My Dear} stamps. After stamping and embossing, I inked the card with distress inks, added a few sprits of perfect pearls, and finished it with gems and seam binding. LOOOVE it! Perfect for my grandma;) It's also perfect for the ABC DT challenge {birthday cards}. LOVE this card! 
 Not sure if you can see the perfect pearls...how about in this pic? Trust me--it is super gorgeous in person!
That's it for me today. Be sure to stop by the Unity website for great deals on more amazing stamps and the Unity blog for the complete list of FWF friends:} Thanks for stopping by and for leaving some love--you make me smile! Blessings:}
Photobucket

ps...be sure to stop by the PDCC and play along with our current challenge! Or you could enter into the current All Things Unity challenge--it ends Saturday night!! And there is the EIC challenge too! Hope to see you join in the fun!!!

31 comments:

Laurel said...

So amazing, every one of them!

Kate said...

Lots of absolutely beautiful makes :0) Well done on your publications too.
Kate xx

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Sav!

Those photos are so much fun!! Very nice! Good you brought Trav with you to take them! Oeh, it must be a real wonderful feeling to be published! The cards that were are so pretty! Love the pink and yellow together, wow!!!
And your new card is such a beauty as well, I wouldn't be surprised if this one would also get published!!! Wishing you a lovely Friday!

Hugs, Wendy

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

So cute those photos of you at M's! LOVE them! Congrats to you, Sav. I am absolutely in love with that postcard with the gorgeous butterflies. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

You are so cute, Sav! Congratulations on your recent pubs! You rock but I already knew that. ;) The card you made for your grandma is stunning and she will love it. I know I do!

Unknown said...

wow, big congrats!! that is amazing you deserve it. and wow those cards are beautiful.

Gwynn said...

congrats on your publications! And I just love your card for today! beautiful!

Gwen said...

Happy,happy congrats! Love your grammie's card!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

These are gorgeous and big congrats to you on getting published!!!!!

Carolina said...

Beautiful cards and congrats on getting published...love your pics of looking at it for the first time!

Angie Blom said...

beautiful. love all of these creations. congrats on your publications Savvy.. and great photo's I will have to get one of those soon.. love ya. xx

Janna Werner said...

Savannah, you rock girl! You always come up with so many great projects! Have a lovely weekend. Janna

farmhouse-story said...

a huge congrats on your pubs, savannah! and i love the last card--your sponging and bling are just lovely! happy weekend!

Ruby said...

You TOTALLY deserve it Sav, your work is fab and I just LOVE your pictures too!!!! Your card for your Grandma is gorgeous, really gorgeous!!

Queenie said...

YOU ARE THE CUTEST EVER!!! I love love love love your work and YOU SOOOOOOOOOO deserve to be published EVERY WEEK!!! Honestly, I thought that your two cards in the March/April PC were the bestest ones in there---especially for the featured articles they were in!! I earmarked yours and I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you!!! Keep SUBMITTING!! You have a GREAT style all your own!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yippee! I saw your card in my Paper Crafts issue and felt so proud to know you. :) It is a beautiful card. And that little camper card I did NOT see, but what a cutie that one is. AND, the one for your grandma is outright gorgeous; I can't believe it won't be published. Ah well. Great going, Sav!

Maria said...

All fabulous cards!!! Congrats on your publications! They are all amazing cards!

Lindsey said...

These are works of art! Well-deserved congrats on being published... a lot!

Cassie said...

LOVE your projects! Congrats on the pub! I was wondering if I could feature you on Paper Issues. Our current theme is butterflies. http://www.paperissues.blogspot.com/

Thanks!! =)

FrancineB said...

The card for your grandmother is gorgeous! She will be thrilled when she receives it in the mail. Great job.

P.S. The photos were fun, too. Love the "action" photo.

FibreJunky said...

I have yet to submit anything to a magazine call. I am just one big chicken when it comes to that...but I squeal when I see my friends' names and projects in them. And I get funny looks, too!!

Congrats on getting published! You seriously deserve it!!

Love the card for your grandmother. It is GORGEOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sav, I love the 'Postcard' Card, it's FAB! Well done you on getting published, love your photos.....they made me smile :-) S x

patti west said...

hi Savannah...here from Paper Issues. I LOVE your purple baby card too - and am so not surprised that it's pubbed in PC. You are too cute to have your pic taken w/the mag. Love it!!! Congrats!!! :) :)

Gretchen said...

i was just going to come over here and say that i love the card of yours that is featured on Paper Issues today. but instead i would like to say that this whole post is full of goodness! and i love it all!! :) :) :)

BuyFF14Account said...

How beautiful! Love all of your creations. They are just so pretty and awesome!

Buy FF14 Account

Leah's Crafty Life said...

oooh your work is brilliant. Absolutely love your card featured @ Paper Issues. Congrats on your recent publication!

Andrea M said...

OK, prepare for some serious gushing.... first of all - CONGRATS!!! Love those pics of you and your first PC mag!!! I can live vicariously through you :)
Sav, these cards are positively, 100%, breath-takingly GORGEOUS!!! I love the first card - it just makes me happy it's so beautiful! The trailer card is super cute and the last card is STUNNING!!! WOW!!! LOVE EV-RY-THING!!!!

Lori said...

WOW!!!! I love your work...your card is great and congrats on getting published...how awesome. Thanks for joining us at ABC DT Challenge.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your card is super gorgeous! Congrats on getting published and I hope you get published many more times!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

You are just so cute! (Just had to tell you that.) Congrats on your pubs! I KNOW they are the first of MANY to come, amazing girl! <3

jen said...

there is something crazy cool about seeing your name in print!! I have a self portrait in Michaels with my cell phone from my 1st pub!! ha! These are all fab!!!