19 March 2011

EIC #131 {Dollbirdies}

Hello, friends:}
What a great day! We are headed over to another amazing Etsy store this week for our EtsyInspired challenge! We are stopping by the Dollbirdies shop! I just love all these sewn items! I have missed my sewing machine, so I thought I would whip up something fun!


I was inspired by this owl fabric (I know--I can't get enough owls!). I thought that I would make some owl hats for kids. I love the rustic look of these hats! I made them with scrap fabrics--nothing too fancy. This one is for a boy. I made one for a girl (using some of my fav fav FAV fabric!) but the pic didn't turn out. I will share it later. 
I even had a small friend help model my hat. He is a bit young for this hat--it measures about 20"--his head is 18". 
And because our little friend was so sweet--I played with him for a LONG time outside. Trav took this pic of us! LOVE this little guy!
That's it for me today--but don't worry! The EIC DT members have created some pretty amazing creations to share with you today! LOVE IT! 



Be sure to stop by the EIC blog for more details. There are 2 winners this week!!! And our sponsor this week is SRM StickersAnd here is a bit more info about SRM StickersSRM Stickers are widely use by many papercrafters and it has a blog every weekday with paper crafting projects using stickers! Bookmark, follow the SRM Blog as you don't want to miss a tutorial, feature, challenge, or giveaway! 

Remember to link up your creation by Friday, March 25 at noon Pacific Time

Thanks so much for stopping by! LOVE being inspired at Etsy--gotta love EtsyInspired! Be blessed:}

Photobucket




20 comments:

Jacquel said...

OMGosh! That is just too stinkin' adorable Savannah!!!! You did an excellent job with this & your *model* is just too cute for words!!!!!

farmhouse-story said...

how cute! love, love the hat, savannah and the baby is darling:)

Ruby said...

Aw Sav, SO cute, you're so clever!!! LOVE it!

Ruby said...

Oh Sav, this is gorgeous, you're SO clever, LOVE it!

de said...

OMG Sav this is amazing! I think you should make them for adults too... need my head measurements?! And your model?! What a cutie pie. Seriously love this!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

How cute! I used to think owls were creepy...ever see one swoop down for it's prey? LOL I changed my mind long ago and now love cute littl owl things.

Lin said...

Adorable, Sav! How creative! Love seeing you with that sweet little guy, too!

Laurel Beard said...

Oh my cuteness! This is absolutely adorable. I giggled out loud the second I saw it.

Virginia L. said...

You are UBER crafty, my friend!! LOVE the sweet owl hat! What a treat to see your creations, Sav! You never cease to amaze me!!!!!!!!! MISS YOU, too!!!!!!

Angi Barrs said...

WOWZA...How cute is this Sav? You are amazing girl. And your little model is just soooooooo cute.

And thanks for the sweet comments that you left for me. Hugs to ya!

Ryann said...

Adorable hat, Sav!! Your model is a cutie pie too :)

TROG said...

I'm a fan: You, Lemon, Hat... in that order

Lindsey said...

You already had me hooked with the owl fabric, but that hat? Too cute!!!

Ashley Newell said...

Oh Sav!!!! This is so so so so so so cute! I love the colors and the fun hat! And this little friend is just too cute! I love the picture of you and him! I wish you could hang out with my kids! Awwww! Miss you already!

FibreJunky said...

AWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! How adorable!!! I LOVE babies and baby hats and OMG, how CUTE!!!! Wish I could sniff his sweet little baby head...(and people wonder why I have 5 kids...)

StampinCathy said...

OMGOSH Sav! This is just AWESOME!

Queenie said...

HOLY CANOLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this adorable little knit hat!! You are sooo talented, not only in papercrafting but also in sewing!! Dearness me that baby looks precious wearing it and you look perfect holding him!! *wink wink* LOVE, HUGS and KISSESE!!

Emily Leiphart said...

How absolutely adorable!!! Oh my, Sav, you are SO SUUUPER talented! Your sewing is magnificent and the owl hat looks amazing on the little guy! So cute!!! You look so happy holding him. Heehee. Oh, look, Emily Branch said the same thing. LOL

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

You made a hat, too perfect!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Holy smokes! That's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen! Just darling! TFS!