31 March 2011

PDCC #75

Hello, friends:} 

There is another fabulous color story shared over on The Play Date Cafe blog today! This week, our very talented leader, Julie, has picked our colors--teal, coral, and silver. LOVE that inspiration photo-makes me want to go out and play my Monopoly game!!

We have a wonderful sponsor this week: Wplus9, owned by  Dawn Woleslagle. The PDCC DT was lucky enough to play with some of Wplus9 stamps this week--OH MY! I received Sweet Nothings--love all these sentiments! It was perfect for my card.
I created a very simple card for this week's  colors-I was inspired by the sketch/LO created by Maile Belles. I used my butterfly nestabilities and some coral ribbon, along with some teal twine {from The Twinery}. I used the sentiment and little heart from my Wplus9 stamp set. I def. think this was a CAS card--but perfect for my friend who is undergoing chemotherapy. 
That's it for me--but you will want to jump on over to all these other amazing PDCC DT members' blogs! Our special Guest designer this week is Dawn Woleslagle. So happy to have her on our team this week:} 



Dawn Woleslagle {Guest Designer}
Colleen Dietrich {New Private Blend Designer}


Be sure to head over to The Play Date Cafe for ALL the details--remember to link up your creation before Tuesday, April 5th at 11:59pm. And be sure to check out our prize package from our sponsor--Wplus9: winner's choice of one stamp set! LUCKY!! All the information for this challenge is HERE over on the PDCC blog. Hope you will join in the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by! LOVE LOVE LOVE my PDC challenges! LOVE the team soooooo much:} And I love our players--we have the BESTEST players! Be blessed.


Photobucket

17 comments:

Fiona said...

Savvy this is so pretty :) Love how you've included the quote in the name plate!

Anonymous said...

Omgoodness Savannah... this is just perfect! I love that negative die cut butterfly and the sweet simple design. You rock!

lisa a.

Lin said...

Love your card, Sav! The butterfly cutout is a great idea for these sweet sentiments!

farmhouse-story said...

really pretty, savannah! love your design on this one:)

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card Sav- I'm sure your friend will appreciate it so much. Simple but clearly stated ;-)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, Savannah! This is simply beautiful! LOVE how you've really hightlighted that gorgeous sentiment! I know that your friend will treasure it always. Hugs!

Michele Gross said...

Love the CAS design! wonderful card and I'm sure it will be a great source of cheer for your friend :)

Lea L. said...

Sigh...I just love this!! The butterfly cutout is fabulous, and I just love how you've framed the beautiful sentiment!! This is gorgeous! Thanks for letting us WPlus9 girls play along this week! ♥♥♥

massofhair said...

Stunning card and loving the butterfly aperture. This weeks colours are so lovely and smiley. A Perfect card for your poorly friend:-)

Great colour scheme this week but am a tad confused as have visited three of the PDC design team and each one has got a different interpretation of the colours... I stuck to the ones described on the main challenge blog.

Lindsey said...

Another PDCC, another awesome card from you, Sav! Beautiful. What a perfect sentiment given the recipient.

Emily Leiphart said...

Sav, this is absolutely perfect! Your friend is going to love this special gift. Wow, those colours scare me but I love how you used them. The twine and ribbon look wonderful the way you've tied them!

Ruby said...

Ah such a lovely card for your friend, I'm sure she will love it, this is gorgeous!

Maria said...

What a sweet card! Just love the butterfly cut out with frame and sentiment! Added twine and heart is a great touch!

StampinCathy said...

OMGosh Sav! This card is just over the top GORGEOUS! Love the colors and love how you did the butterfly and sentiment.

Sarah Anderson said...

Such a clever card design Sav! Great choice of stamp set :)

Elise said...

*Clunk!*

THIS is pure, elegance and color savvy perfection! Yeowza!

Colleen Dietrich said...

It's a beautiful CAS card for your friend. I love the things you create, Sav. You have such a unique, beautiful style. In fact, I guess it has so impressed me, that after looking through a past issue of Paper Crafts recently (where two of your cards were featured), I dreamed that you and I were together somewhere and discussing/looking at more of your cards. How 'bout that!