22 March 2011

More FRIENDS:}

Hello, friends:}


I just love love love when my friends come over and play in my studio! About a month ago my friend's daughter stopped by to make a wedding card for her aunt. Maria has been crafting lots, so this card came together quickly!! Her aunt's wedding colors were bright yellow and navy blue (some Michigan sport's team colors???). So we looked through some old CARDS magazines, and found some cake shaped cards that she wanted to create {by Heather Pulvirenti Cards July 2010}. We ended up using the scroll from Ippity's Regal Greetings stamp set, along with some beautiful navy glitter and rolled flowers. And Maria even hand embroidered that S!! LOVE it! She did a fabulous job! 
 
Maria did this all on her own! 
And here is a fun pic of my friend Daria! She is the SWEETEST! Love when she visits--she is so crafty and smart and FUNNY! She does not like her pic being taken--LOL! She is doing my dishes here--THANKSDaria! She made this beautiful quilt. LOVE the colors!!!
She also gave me this beautiful rose--which was almost dead by the time she made it to my house! That is a funny story! We have lots of funny stories--like when she was reading <3 (for the heart symbol), she says, "Less than 3"! ACK--I about died! LOVED that laugh! 
I "less than 3" you, Daria!!!


That's it for me today. Thanks for letting me share some of my friends' creations!! If you want to stop by Savannahland (my studio)...just let me know!! I love visiting and crafting with my friends:} Blessings!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Sav!

Love to see you and your friends are having so much fun! Well... it's quite a fly-drive, but if I'm in the neighbourhood, I'll surely let you know and stop by for a day in Savnnahland!! Sounds like fun! And maybe I'll even do your dishes, ha ha!

Big hugs, Wendy

StampinCathy said...

Maria is so creative and just love her bling card. Wait...she should join in on the ATU Bling it on challenge.
Beautiful quilt and just love the story about the <3 story.

Lin said...

Maria's off to a great start - she's so lucky to have you for a mentor! LOVE that quilt - beautiful happy colors! And giggling about the "less than 3" comment! sounds like something I'd say......

farmhouse-story said...

maria's cake card is awesome--love her embroidering!

Virginia L. said...

FABULOUS post, Sav! I love Maria's cake card--so pretty and sweet! Daria's quilt is so VERY beautiful! Glad to see you are in GREAT company! :)

Angi Barrs said...

Love to see your fun pictures of your crafty friends. Love both projects...especially the "S" embroidered on the card. :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I would love to stop by your crafting studio... oh that would be like being in a candy shop... no plans to travel your way, but you never know.

Janetcraft said...

Thanks for dropping by at my blog with hearty comments and I have always adore your projects!.
Love to see you and your friends having fun time with crafting..it really makes me relaxing!
Happy Thursday!!

Emily Leiphart said...

I less than 3 you, Sav! LOL!!! This is such a great post! Maria is super talented and she is so young. Better look out paper crafters! ;D Daria's quilt is gorgeous!!