First of all.... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for stopping by! I cannot tell you how wonderful it is that you want to reflect with me:) And thank you for lifting me up with your encouragement and prayers--- I'm so thankful for my friends ❤️
UPDATE: Nothing is really new. I've got another 2 weeks of complete immobilization with my ankle... thought I could walk on it (per the doctor) but found out that he thinks I might have damaged some nerves as well. So... back in the boot 24/7. Thanks for your continued prayers for healing!
Here's a fun picture from the studio this week. Trav and I have been doing our Dr. David Jeremiah Agents of Apocalypse study in there together. Well... Trav was tired one night after studying but I wanted to continue to work on another study. He literally laid down at my feet and feel asleep! I won't say if he was snoring or not... but I tried to take a picture without him knowing!
But I guess he wasn't really asleep if the next photo I caught him with his eye open! LOL!
REFLECTION: So this week I've been continuing my study on praying circles and praying hard in the book The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson. LOVE what I'm reading, but it makes me think too hard! LOL! I think I over analyze my situations... know what I mean? And then I think and think and think about it and NEVER put the information into motion. It's kind of frustrating; I know what I need to do... I know the answer... but I am paralyzed. I'm not sure what is paralyzing me-- maybe fear? Well, I guess I do know! Sometimes I get overwhelmed at ALL that is wrong with me and how much needs to change before I'm more like Christ. It just seems like too much. For the prayers... I get overwhelmed with where to start and how to continue or if I should write it down or just pray in my head/out loud...
So anyway... even though I'm overwhelmed and paralyzed, I'm excited about the dreams and things I want to circle in prayer! Plus, I keep thinking about the scrapbook page I'm going to be making to memorialize this book/thought/lesson! LOVE it;)
Here's what I've been learning this week ****Goodness! This is so hard to pick just a few thoughts and reflections! This book is AWESOME! I totally recommend it!:
- A Well Prayed Bible- a Bible is not meant to be read through but prayed though; the Bible is a prayer and promise book.
- I grew up going to church on the weekends and saying our nightly prayers, but I never had a Bible. I remember my Granny having a large Bible on this white stand-- it was placed on the shelves in the doorway of her bedroom. You could spot it as you walked into her bedroom. I always wanted to "play" with it, but I'm not sure if I was allowed. "Don't touch the Bible. It's important to have but you don't have to read it." was really the idea that I learned growing up (through no fault of anyone... it's just what I learned). So when I got my first Bible it was weird to touch it, turn the pages, etc. I love to write in my Bible now...and I believe I've got three or four different ones! LOL!
- My point is that I don't just want to read through the Bible. I want to pray the promises and pray my way through. I want a "well prayed Bible"!
- Another comment Batterson made: Reading is reactive (the way to GET THROUGH the Bible); Prayer is proactive (the way to get the Bible THROUGH ME). Nuff said!
- Planter, Farmer, Sower- Most of the time we want to reap immediately after we sow (I know this is true for me! Sometimes I don't even want to sow before I gather the harvest!). We need the patience of the planter, foresight of the farmer, and mindset of the sower.
- I cannot believe that I read about patience in this book... and then this weekend Pastor Eddie preached about waiting on the Lord! OH MY! I need to wait on the Lord. I need patience for this harvest. And who's to say I've sown something worth harvesting or is good fruit?!?! Did I even sow anything?!!?
- Apparently, I've got it all wrong! I think I'm waiting on the Lord, but He just might be waiting on me! He wants me trust Him and believe in His promises. God will right every wrong... I just need to be patient. I need to learn that I can't reap a harvest just in "the time of want". Pastor Eddie said that when my impatience is really retaliation- it's all about me, myself, and I. That's NOT what I want! Oh Father-- help me to wait on You! Help me to trust Your Word and promises. Rid me of myself and give me more of You!
- Here's the video of Trav and I singing this past weekend. THANK YOU for your prayers- each prayer is precious to us! THANK YOU!
- James MacDonald- this past weekend, James MacDonald preached on personal prayer. OH MY! You have got to listen to this sermon- click HERE! WOW! AMMMMMAZING! I've listened to it 2 times and will be listening again to take notes!
- The reason I love this sermon is because I LOVE James MacDonald! And I love that he preached right to me-- I need to be on my face and pray out to my Father! I said that last week... and I'm saying it again.
- Pray hardest even when it's hardest to pray and get on my knees and pray!
- Continue with chapter 3 of the Dr. David Jeremiah Agents of Apocalypse. LOVE it!
- Continue to pray/read my devotions daily ***I've finished my daily devotions and am now ready to read through (pray through) the Bible!!! I would normally start this on January 1st... I might start in the new year... so I guess I better just start reading The Word and doing a SOAP or REAP study:)
THANKS so much for stopping by today! Be blessed:}
ps... I'm going to ask one more time for prayers!!! Please pray for Trav and I as we are leading worship tomorrow at New Hope East! Please pray for good health, that our hearts would be in the right place for worship, and that the congregation would only see Jesus! We need His covering! THANK YOU!