Merry CHRISTmas!!!!! I hope you all had an amazing holiday with family and friends!!
UPDATE/REFLECTION: I've got lots to share in this update:) I've got a couple of present pictures, working out update, and some end of the year reflections. First things first...
- Working Out/Training/Losing Weight- I mentioned in THIS post back in October that I started working out in July. I don't like telling people that I'm working out or watching what I eat because I feel like that's too much pressure... that I need to show that I'm making progress on day 1. But I told you because I really want this training to make a difference in my life- I want to lose some weight and eat healthier. So anyway... I was doing awesome until I hurt my ankle on the 15th of November. Despite my injury, I've continued to eat better, and I've lost almost 20 pounds! It's like 18.4 pounds! I cannot wait to get over 20!!! Here are some before and after photos (not the greatest photos, but hopefully I can get other photos soon! LOL!):July 26, 2014--- YIKES!December 22, 2014
- Gifts- Since the beginning of November, I've been thinking of things I can get Travis for Christmas. We don't normally do gifts... not really sure why, but I try to do something small each year. I wanted to do the "something you wear, read, need, want"... but I just went a bit overboard and ended up with more gifts that fit the category "I want to give this to you just because!" LOL!
- The first gift I gave him was on the last night of Hanukkah. We saw this 3D relief map when we went to Israel and talked about getting one but came home empty handed. I might be speaking for just myself, but I'm going to say that we probably both regret not getting one of these maps while visiting Israel. And so that's why I got Trav this map!! The reason I gave it to him on the last night of Hanukkah... I can't keep secrets or presents for very long, but also because I wanted to celebrate a bit of Hanukkah! *Not sure I really celebrated Hanukkah... I still need to do a bit of research:) **Visit Touch-Israel to check out their products! I think this map looks AMAZING on this little shelf:) It's the perfect spot for it-- we can still use it for studying the land and places in the Bible... plus, it's a fab decoration in our Study Room!We received that beautiful Faith glass container for Christmas from our friends Sara and Craig! I think some candies will look nice in it... that's if I don't eat too many:)
- His second gift also had to do with Israel. In our hotel, The Dan Jerusalem, Trav and I saw some mezuzahs on the doorframe of the rooms. We chatted about how cool they were and forgot all about it... well, I'm sure Trav forgot, but I didn't:) I went searching for just the right mezuzah for our Study Room and was lucky enough to score this beautiful silver one with the city of Jerusalem design on eBay. LOOOOOOOOVE it! *I cannot wait to show you a picture of it on our Study Room frame!!!
And just one more thing before I go...
Travis and I have made a big decision and accepted the Worship Leader positions at the New Hope East campus in North Port, FL!!!!!!! We are super excited to work with our friend and pastor, Ramon (and his wife, Laura). We are thrilled to be serving the Lord and to be using our gifts again!!! Please pray for us as we start in January. As always, please pray for good health, that our hearts would be in the right place for worship, and that the congregation would only see Jesus! We need His covering each week! THANK YOU!
My goals for this week:
- Continue to pray hardest even when it's hardest to pray and get on my knees and pray! **I guess you can never pray enough:) And I think it's never too late to pray:)
- Continue with chapter 3 of the Dr. David Jeremiah Agents of Apocalypse--- Trav and I started this study two weeks ago:) LOVE it! ***We are back on track:)
Pick a devotional bible or study for my daily devotions.***I think I've found my studies! I will be doing "Today in the Word" from Moody and 2 other books! I can't wait to share more in the new year;)
THANKS so much for stopping by today! Be blessed:}