18 February 2013

Mama Elephant- Modern Borders Highlight {post2}

Hello, friends:} 

**Please scroll up/down for my Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge post.


Today the Mama Elephant design team is taking a closer look at the Modern Borders stamp set. Be sure to stop by the ME blog for more details and inspiration!!! 

I have to say that background stamps really stump me-- I never know what to do with them! However, I saw THIS embroidered piece on Pinterest and knew I had to recreate it using that ME crosshatch chevron stamp!  I added some flowers and gems (Imagainisce/iRock) along with some gold floss holding a tag that was stamped using the ME Rustic Spring {sentiment} and Type It {birdie} sets. LOVE how this turned out! The papers {My Mind's Eye} along with these ME images make this card vintage/shabby/chic....I think:) LOVE
That's it for me today. Be sure to stop by all of the ME DTs' blogs and the ME blog for more inspiration and details. **New ME Stamps are available NOW!!! 


Thanks so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}

Photobucket

11 comments:

Lin said...

Love what you did with this border, Sav! All the elements are so pleasing together!!

Lea L. said...

This is pretty! Love that trim you've used!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how you used the border for this card, and those little flowers are so sweet!

Lisa Elton said...

Savannah this is simply delightful! I LOVE the way you've recreated the Pinterest piece...SO PRETTY! I'm swooning over this card ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo beautiful! LOVING the flowers and the twine!!!

yyam said...

Soooooooo pretty! Love the background stamping and the gold twine. Gorgeous work Sav!

Natalie said...

This turned out great Savannah. Isn't Pinterest a great place to get ideas!! Love that! Very sweet card.

Samantha Mann said...

Oh wow!!! What a gorgeous card!!! I LOVE the combination of the graphic background and the flowers!! So genius!!!
Ok I just looked at it again bc I love it!!! The colors are so wonderful! And the twine an little bit of burlap...just perfect! As usual! :)

Samantha Mann said...

Oops I meant newspaper print not burlap!! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

I totally admire the way you put together your patterned papers, Sav. You're a master at that! Love this spring-filled card.

Glenda J said...

This is sooo pretty Savannah! Love everything about it. The colours are amazing.