15 April 2010

another Limelight challenge!

Hello, friends:}


Today is my second post as a Guest Design Team member for Limelight! I am super super excited! This sketch this week was so much fun! I actually have three cards to share, but due to a surprise visit from my dad, I didn't get a chance to finish two of them. I will post them later this day--ASAP!


I love love love Limelight! I love their products, the team, and the sketches/challenges! This week's sketch had a focus on alphabet letters. I used Cosmo Cricket's chipboard letters. The cool thing about these--self-adhesive! LOVE that! I didn't have to worry about gluing it down. They just stuck right when I put them! My first project is a notebook. I know you might be saying..."How does this match the sketch?" Well, I used tabs inside the notebook for the dots (where I might use buttons or gems). I also rotated the sketch and moved the inside rectangle down a bit. I love love love it! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this notebook! I sewed the seam and used Basic Grey DP (Recess). I also used my newest FAV stamp from Unity's set Amazing Me [which I got from Limelight]. Love it! 
 
It's kind of hard to see all the tabs since I didn't have a book holder--but you get the idea.
My second card is also school themed. More info and pic: COMING SOON!


My last card was more whimsical. I love the ribbon pieces on the side. More info and pic: COMING SOON! Thanks for waiting for this card to be posted! This one is made with the same sketch--just a bit more fun. I love those ribbon pieces--and the papers! Limelight has TONS of patterned paper for sale! There are also lots of alphabet stickers (which is what I used) over at Limelight
Be sure to stop over at Mandy's blog to get all the deets on this challenge! I can't wait to see what you make--LOVE this sketch:} And be sure to stop by all the DT member's blogs to see their wonderful creations:


Mandy~ Limelight Papercrafts
Christi~ Altered Ambitions
JenMarie~ Taylored-Made
Lisa A.~ Dahlhouse Designs
Lynn~ Miller's Ink
Lisa H.~ My Little Creative Escape
Savannah~ Savannahland2  {that's me}


ALSO--be sure to check out Limelight's home page for all their sales! WOW--just ordered new things the other day! Can't wait to get them!



PREORDER your April Unity Store Kit NOW! Only $29.99 before they arrive! Half Kits available, too!
Webster's Pages are HERE!!
********************************************************
The BIG Buy 2, Get 1 FREE Sale! (through 4/13):
*Open Stock 12x12 Patterned Paper
*Ribbon by the Yard (Ribbon Packs and Burlap String not included)
*Rub-ons
*Stickles Glitter Glue
*Individual Rubber Stamps
Please indicate your choices of free items in the Comments section at checkout. Do not purchase them to the store; they will NOT be automatically free. Free items must be of equal or lesser value... Happy shopping!



Thanks so much for stopping by! Love when I get to share a challenge with you! Love when we get to visit! 
Until next time~
Love, Sav

8 comments:

StampinCathy said...

What a fun way to keep notes. I just love this project. Very inspiring.

Ruby said...

What a fun little notebook, love how you've done the tabs!! Tink would love to make one of these! :o)

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic notebook! Lovely design. Can't wait to see your other projects!

de said...

Sav you are rockin the Limelight girl! Love it!

Lisa H. said...

sooo fun! love what you did with these products. great work, girlie!

farmhouse-story said...

awesome notebook, savannah! love the stitching on the tabs!-wonderful!

JenMarie said...

FaBuLoUs!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, wonderful cards!!! I love the way you used the ribbon, the tabs, the sewing, just love it all!

lisa a.