06 April 2010

Limelight Design Team theme challenge

Hello, friends:}

On the 6th of each month, Limelight's DT has a themed challenge. This month, Mandy asked us to make a project incorporating fabric. This theme is called "Fabulous Fabric". I love to sew...."sew" this was a fun project! I made two aprons. 
My first apron is called the "dingbat apron". I wish I could take credit for this idea--but I saw it on a TV show about a year ago. And I've wanted to make one since! It is for "dingbats" who don't know how to cook. **NOTE:: I don't think I'm a dingbat in the kitchen...but when I was making my matching card...I accidentally put the wrong conversion on it!! You can't see it since it is covered up! Eh. This apron has several cooking measurements and conversions on the front. They are written upside down because the cook needs to read them while cooking! The apron also should look like ledger paper. My paper that I used on my card was yellow with lime green lines. The sewn green lines are hard to see far away--but if you are looking at the apron up close--it looks just like ledger paper. 
 
These are close-ups of the apron--not the greatest pics...those lime green lines are hard to see:{
The matching card uses real ledger paper--this DP would go well with Limelight's Cosmo Cricket~ The Boyfriend or October Afternoon~ Report Card. The stamps are Unity stamps--lots of Unity stamps available at Limelight!! The measuring cup has white flocking (also found at Limelight) for flour! Super cute!!
 
The flour flocking--not the greatest pic--but you get the idea:}
The second apron I made is called a belly apron. It is for expecting mothers. The cool thing for mothers-to-be is to wear normal shirts and cover your belly with an apron. The pic of this apron is down near the waist of the mannequin; however, if you were pregnant, you would wear it up near the top of your belly. This is double-sided. I made it for my friend, Court. She is due in June. 
The matching card uses the same fabric for the base and solid kraft, green, and yellow card stock (lots of solid card stock colors available at Limelight). I also used a Unity butterfly stamp (Limelight carries several butterfly stamps). The pink burlap string is also available at Limelight!! 

I really enjoyed this challenge! Please check out the other Limelight DT members to see what they created: 

Jennifer Taylor (JenMarie)

And don't forget to check out Limelight's sale--going on until April 11th!!
The BIG Buy 2, Get 1 FREE Sale! (through 4/11):
*Open Stock 12x12 Patterned Paper
*Ribbon by the Yard (Ribbon Packs and Burlap String not included)
*Rub-ons
*Stickles Glitter Glue
*Individual Rubber Stamps
Please indicate your choices of free items in the Comments section at checkout. Free items must be of equal or lesser value... Happy shopping!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Love when we get to visit!! Don't forget to leave some love--random giveaways throughout the month of April!! 
Until next time~
Love, Sav


ps...Come back tomorrow for some Nina Brackett's Squigglefly images on Court's baby shower invites!! Super cute:}

19 comments:

Karen B. said...

Really fun gift ideas, love your matching cards. Great inspiration.

Ashley Newell said...

Oh my gosh, so cute Savvy! Where can I get a Sav Apron?!

farmhouse-story said...

oh, my, your aprons are just precious! and the flocking for flour-brillant!

StampinCathy said...

OMGosh! The aprons are so cute and just love how you made matching cards. You are so creative. Great gift ideas.

Lisa H. said...

you are one crafty girl!!! these are FAB!!!! I wish I had a belly apron when I was preggers-yours it too cute. GREAT matching cards, love what you did.

de said...

OMG woman! How amazing! I love, love, LOVE the aprons and those cards are just as beautiful! I love the writing on the one apron... you should make these and sell them! :-)

JenMarie said...

ACK! LOOOVE these girlie!!

Anonymous said...

Sew cute Savannah! Love the ledger apron and matching card. Fabulous!

lisa a.

NinaB said...

Sooo cute, Savannah. I love both of them. And what a thoughtful friend you are! I could've used this when I was pregnant!

Jenny said...

Sew cute... love it!! :)

Amy said...

What a cute idea!!! Love your aprons!!I wish I could sew that well!!

Rona said...

What cute aprons!! and I love love love your card!!

Axes DesigNs said...

Sooooo cute.. love the color of your aprons!

Ruby said...

LOVE your aprons and your card is SO cute too. I 'need' that butterfly stamp now lol. Stop showing me nice shiny things that I 'need' lol!!! ;o)

Gwen said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love those aprons!

Ravengirl said...

Wow, so serious sewing! Love your creative aprons!

Paul B said...

Wow what a lot of work you've put in. Love your aprons and their matching cards. Seriously creative talent. Px

Hanne said...

Hi, Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Glad you liked my card. I like what your making too. This is simply wonderful!

Suzanne C said...

Love what you did with both cards but the yellow really drew my eye! Love how you cut the pieces out to layout your card!