15 April 2010

PDCC25

Hello, friends:}


**If you are looking for my Limelight post, please scroll down!
We over at The Play Date Cafe have another awesome color combo for you today to play around with along with a special celebrity guest! Kelly Marie of Lawn Fawn is with us this week--she is sharing her special talent and creativity!! This color combo [or colour splash] is super pretty--black and white, with a splash of orange. Love that last part--just a splash! I had several designs in my head for a card...but this one was my FAV!!
I used just scrap pieces of white and black DP and cut them up into little squares. I did dry emboss the solid black cardstock with Sizzix large dots. I was unsure of what to use for the sentiment and what to put on the orange...but then I went through my Lizzie Anne Design KOTM stamps! WOW--I can't believe I haven't used them more! Great stuff! I found this super cute crow and sentiment in the Sept. 09 KOTM set. Super fun! Then I zigzag stitched like argyle...and tied a bow. Presto:} LOVE this card! I love the PDCC! **NOTE:: This is a great card (with all that stitching) for Lucy's Challenge! 


Be sure to check out the other DT members' blogs...WOWSERS! These gals know how to use these neutral colors with just a splash of orange!! So creative!


Kelly Marie, Lawn Fawn {celebrity guest designer}
Lisa Somerville 
Sarah Anderson
Stephanie Kraft
Ruby 2 Shoes
Mona Pendleton
Suzanne Czosek {our wonderful host}
Julie Ranea


Be sure to stop by the Cafe to get all the deets on this color combo challenge! This week's challenge will end on Tuesday, April 20th at midnight!! I can't wait to see your creations:}


Thanks so much for stopping by! Love when we visit--can't wait to meet you all in person someday!!
Until next time~
Love, Sav

13 comments:

Laurel said...

OOOOhhh, I love your card and the color challenge!

Ruby said...

Fab card Sav! VERY creative with all the stitching and squares! I love the sentiment too, it's great! Hugs, Ruby x

Suzanne C said...

Sav, Love the patchwork background. Fantastic design and the argyle pattern with the stitching was and inspired touch. Beautiful card!

Kelli Burnstein said...

Great background and I love your use of the stitching. Your sentiment is cute too! TFS!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the quilt background you created with your scraps! Cute image and sentiment!

Mona Pendleton said...

Love all the stitchin' - makes a perfect quilt! Super job with this week's color challenge :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Sav!! LOVE the stitched argyle background.. SO wonderful!!

Jenny said...

Great stitching and card!! Love it! :) And your entry is great! CAS is great too, I love doing that sometimes! And you for sure can enter more than once :D

Julie Ranae said...

This is just beautiful, Sav! Again, another wonderful interpretation of what color splash is!

Lovely job : )

Sarah Anderson said...

We love you too Sav!! Great stitching, and love the texture all those little squares give. They set off the orange embellishment beautifully :)

Poppit said...

Wow! You've been busy. Such beautiful makes, all of them!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Great cards!

Vicki Bray said...

Love your card! Lots of texture with that sewing! Love that! Of course the sentiment was just perfect! Also lovin that Mother's Day card you did! Simple Gorgeous!