21 April 2010

day 4...Growing with Unity

Hello, friends:}


Today for my fourth day in Growing with Unity, I am sharing some birthday cards with you...no reason that I made them [i.e. challenges, request, etc.]. I just made them for my family and friends. Ok...so that might be considered a request... :}


This first card was created for my dad. He really really REALLY likes Harley Davidson Motorcycles. I like his bike...but I don't ever want to drive it by myself! Ever since I started making cards (which was back in college), I would create cards for him that were orange and black or themed with motorcycles. This year, I made this using Unity stamps. I love it--the motorcycle stamp on the bottom is one of my newest Unity stamps. I will fill in the rest of his birthday and such once I have more time. I just wanted you to get the idea of the card. Both the motorcycle and road trip stamp are wood mounted. The date comes from Unity's Our Stories set, and the sentiment is from the March KOTM and Soirees and Such sets. OH--the sentiment is actually stamped on masking tape. I wanted to recycle again--so I used good ol' masking tape. LOVE this card--hope he likes it as much as I do!!
**This card could be used for the Caardvarks monochromatic card challenge--I think it is all orange with neutrals...isn't that monochromatic? Maybe? Eh:)
This next birthday card was created for a special friend, Courtney. She is my BEST friend. Her birthday is next week and she likes blue. So I kind of incorporated that in the colors (kind of--I know I'm stretching it!). I used my first Unity stamp, the bingo card, and a butterfly from Remember happiness. I don't know if you see this--but I cut the numbers in the second row to make her age fit better on the page. I switched them around! I also layered two cards on top of each other--super super cute! I hope she likes it.


This next project is my 4th scrapbooking page! I KNOW--I'm hooked! This was using  Unity's Simple Scrapping Challenge #4 sketch. I knew exactly what I wanted to scrap when I saw this sketch. I am a bit disappointed in the title layout...so I might change that soon...we'll see. I used Unity's Amazing Me set for the bracket and circled numbers [this set is available at Limelight]. I know I'm not the greatest wife--but I love being married to Trav!!
Here is my new title--I don't know--I just don't like the letters in the first one...and I really like the words that are cut out individually. EH???

In the Past:: Here are two of my Top 8 favs! I love this first mini card. I made it for Trav's mom for his birthday--I wanted to say THANKS for having him! Read the original post HERE.
This next card was created just because. I really like making cards just for fun--for anyone who wants them! I love the colors of this card and that ledger stamp! Read the original post HERE.
Well...that is it for me today--I tried to keep the post reading down because I know I've given you lots of info the past couple of days. I just can't keep it in! I love love love Unity! Be sure to stop back by tomorrow...I will have 3 posts! Another Play Date Cafe challenge starts tomorrow--guess what stamps I used? Yep, Unity! I will have a regular Growing with Unity post (with probably only a couple of cards since I have three posts)....and hopefully a Nina Brackett set to share! I love her stamps too--she is SUPER creative! So stop on by!


Thanks so much for all your love and support! I am so thankful for our visits! Be blessed:}
Until next time~
Love, Sav


ps...I giggled a lot today when reading your comments yesterday--I LOVE how you all think I craft 24/7! I love love love it! 

28 comments:

Audra said...

omygoodness!! i'm totally lovin these cards!! sooo pretty!! really great work!!

Kirsti said...

Hi Savannah…just stopping by to say hello via the Clips-n-Cuts Birthday Blog Hop…Hope you are having a great day…

Love all the cards on this post...they are gorgeous.....Kirsti x

Suzanne C said...

WOW coming over her is like a week long visit of crafting! Love all the cards! They are beautiful! The harley one is fantastic for your dad and a great masculine card.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Wow these are fabulous love the Bingo Card one!!!

StampinCathy said...

All the cards are amazing. Your dad will love this Harley card. I love that Bingo card and how you pop the flower with color. Very inspiring.

farmhouse-story said...

great harley card-my SISTER loves harleys?!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you make so many cards!!! You are so crazy amazing! Love them all.

lisa a.

Bonita Rose said...

love coming here Savannah.. love your work! hugs xo

Anonymous said...

Love your cards and the SB page!

Catherine said...

Eek! Sav, I just realized it was your week for Growing in Unity! Sorry I'm late to the party!

These cards are fab! I love how the twine and staples add a "rugged" quality to your Harley card. The bingo cards with the date encircled by the tag rim - GENIUS! The butterfly card is just shabby chic sensational!

Mona Pendleton said...

Awesome creations Savannah! I love that BINGO stamp - was one of my firsts :)

Unknown said...

F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. cards SAV...every one of them! Your dad's card is perfect and I love how you doubled up the bingo cards for your friend...wonderful inspiration!

de said...

Amazing as usual Sav! You are rockin the Week in Unity!

Julie Ranae said...

Love all those cards, girlie...my fav hands down, the final card...go figure! LOVE IT! <3

Axes DesigNs said...

Love your cards .. all are so pretty!

whoistracy said...

Wow, so much inspiration here!!!

Gwen said...

Love those birthday cards! Great idea to swap the rows on the bingo card so you could highlight the right number! Way to go!!

Rona said...

Great cards!! I'm glad you featured that last one again - I bought that ledger stamp just because of THAT card (I haven't used it yet but seeing that card again inspires me!!)

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

You have a great way of using the stamps. Luv seeing them on your creations.

stampjourney said...

Love your cards today! Great design technique to make at least one thing stand out--especially love the twine around the cut out on the first card!

Jules! said...

WOOHOO....you are Rockin' this Growing in Unity this week....I knew you would! My hubby is a Harley Biker...that was one my first stamps too! Be back tomorrow!

Marcy H. said...

WoW such inspiration!!! Love all your cards!!! Enjoying your week in Growing With Unity!!!

Ruby said...

Ooh fab cards Sav! I love the Harley one, what a great idea using the masking tape! I bought some shades today and Tink said I should keep the card that came with them to use on my cards! I like the way that girl thinks lol.

I LOVE your bingo card. I REALLY like those bingo cards, but never know what to do with them lol. My fave card is the turquoise butterfly one, I think I'm butterfly mad at the minute!! Keep up the fab ideas!

Angie Blom said...

wonderful cards.. I think I might need all these background stamps I am seeing this week from you.. I love them all!! How bad is that!! great creations!!

Jennine Chambers said...

Great cards! That motorcycle card is so perfect for a guy! You make me want that stamp!

jennifer mitten said...

Fabulous cards, as always!!

Kelly Mahany said...

Awesome stuff! I love your layout!! And if you do all those duties then I think you must be a great wife!! :-)

Amy C said...

Awesome cards and a wonderful layout. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!