09 April 2010

FWF and lots of PSs

Hello, friends:}


Happy Friday--and happy Friends with Flair day!! I love UNITY! Super company with cute cute cute stamps! 


The first card I would like to share with you today is for the Color Challenge with a twist. We were to use tangerine tango, pomegranate, and caramel...I do not have any of those colors...so I had to use what I had on-hand! The twist is to use ruched ribbon. I think this card turned out super cute! I used Unity's Jan. KOTM owl stamps. The ruched ribbon was easier than I thought it would be. I found a tutorial HERE


My second card is CAS!! Love it--I entered it in the Embellishment Mag. challenge. I was inspired to make this card because the little girl that I tutor, Olivia, keeps telling me that her birthday is April 25. A little story:: when growing up, my dad would joke about our birthdays. He would say something like, "This year April 3 (my brother's bday) doesn't exist. We are going from April 2nd to the 4th." We knew he was kidding...and it was fun to hear him say that. So every year I would teach, I would tell the kids the only birthday we celebrated was mine....after a short pause, I would tell them that we would celebrate their bdays. Then as the kids' bdays would come closer...they would constantly tell me, "My birthday is tomorrow!" "My birthday is in five days!". I would look at them and say, "We are skipping that day." HA! Love joking with kids. Ok--now back to Olivia. For the past two weeks she has reminded me of her bday, but the other day, she said, "Don't forget!". I knew I had to use that finger stamp from UNITY with a thread around it! DON'T FORGET! I hope she likes this as much as I do--and I got her lots of paper and stamps and embellishments! She likes to craft as well:}
It's kind of hard to see--but the finger is pointing to April 25 (all split stamps from Our Stories set). The "remember" is from Unity's Remember Happiness set.


This card was created for the FWF challenge. I was inspired by all the colors on this inspiration card made by Joslyn. I used Unity's Confession calendar stamp, along with March's KOTM sentiment (happy) and Our Stories (birthday). The zigzag stamp is from Unity's Favorite Things kit. The polka dot stamp is from Ippity's Love in Return set. LOVE this card-and it's mini! Love it!


The last card is for the CardPatterns sketch #58. I love the circles on the bottom...and I thought  together it looked like the candy dispenser from Unity's March KOTM. The sentiments are also from the same kit. I love how this card turned out--I wanted to put a ribbon on there...but thought it might clutter it...I love it! I know exactly what friend I'm going to give this to!! 
I just wanted to share a couple of things that I will be giving my friend, Court, at her shower tomorrow. We are playing a game called "Guess the Baby". They have decided to not find out the sex of the baby. Now combine that with a challenge my family plays when someone is pregnant and you get "Guess the Baby". This family challenge is to write down a date, time of day, the sex, inches, weight, natural or C-section....any information about the birth of a child. The one who is closest to each category wins. The person with the most categories right wins overall! This is super fun--love guessing games. The hardest part is to wait- for Court's baby, we have to wait until mid-June. All the guesses will be on those pages in the spiral--I made library card tags. You can find them HERE by Pine Is Here**NOTE:: I changed the library card info to fit the shower. Super easy!! On the front of the card, I used Unity's Love Ewe sheep. Super cute!! 
I also made this prayer journal/book. I was reading a book by Stormie Omartian called, The Power of a Praying Wife. She has written more books like this--and one was for praying parents. I typed up 31 powerful prayers for Court and Jarred to pray over their children. You can do one a day or one a week...whatever. Love all these prayers! So powerful:} If you would like a copy of these prayers--just email me, and I will send you a copy! I wanted a simple cover for the journal/book. I printed the sentiment on my computer. **NOTE:: I know--it is crooked-- and I know why. The back of the yellow has lots of glitter from a project that I messed up. Me--not wanting to waste anything....used it through the printer. EH--def. not doing that again! I also used Unity's elephant stamp from Could I Be Any Cuter set! Super cute elephant! 
Well...that is it for my FWF! Please finish reading my post...and then head on over to UNITY for more FWF goodness--lots of creative projects today!! Love it!! Oh--and don't forget to leave some love--you could win 25 free stamps from UNITY! Hope it is my lucky day!! 


Thanks for making it this far--love when I get to visit with you! This week has been rough...so I am glad that I get to hang with you today:} Thanks for everything!! 
Until next time~
Love, Sav


ps...Don't forget about the Play Date Cafe challenge going on right now!! 


ps2...Come back tomorrow for another EtsyInspired challenge!!


ps3...Limelight has some AWESOME deals going on!! Check them out!!


ps4...I just wanted to make another number...hope you have a great day:) LOVE when we visit! 

37 comments:

StampinCathy said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Look at all the amazing and inspiring UNITY MOJO in one place by one creative and inspiring stamper. All of the cards are just amazing, but my fav would have to be the first one. I just love how you did the roush ribbon for the branch.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love the owls on the first card, they crack me up! I have yet to ink mine up, so thanks for the inspiration. I love unity and ippity sets too, so this is right up my alley.

Laurel said...

Oh my goodness girl, you are amazing!!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Fabulous stuff, Sav! I LOVE your pleated ribbon tree branch! AWESOME!

farmhouse-story said...

awesome pleated branch-you are SO very creative, girl! love the baby prayers idea, too!

Kelly Mahany said...

I think I just spent about ten minutes taking all this in!! What a treat your blog is to visit! Love everything!! Your color challenge and ruched branch are awesome! And I especially love the Happy Birthday card with the calendar on it! Your friends are so lucky to have you...your shower game and prayer book are soooo sweet!!

Bonita Rose said...

wow... so much goodness..and u call me a rock star? ha... gf.. u have me beat! Gorgeous creations!

Lisa Somerville said...

WOW you've been busy! Great projects!

Janelle said...

Oh, my! I don't know where to start with my comments! Such great projects -- and fun! I love joking with/teasing kids, too, so loved that story about your dad, your classes, and the girl you tutor. So cute. And the guess the baby game sounds fun. I love stuff like that, too. And the little card guessing notebook; fabulous! The 31 prayers -- great idea. I have all those books and they are well-loved. Had to laugh about the glittered paper through the printed. SO something I would do!! Can't throw a thing away... Fun stuff here -- thanks for all the inspiration!

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow Sav!!! You are rockin Unity! I love to visit your blog - you always have so much eye candy! Thanks for all the inspiration! Have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

wow, all your work is just amazing, so cute. love visiting your blog ;)

Julie Ranae said...

You definitely got it going on, Sav ; )

Great book, that whole series is!

These cards are fabulous...the owl on the ribbon branch is truly inspired!

Susan B. said...

Beautiful projects Savannah!

StacyC said...

Wow... Beautiful projects...

Eva said...

Ohhh...these are all amazing, but your first card is just gorgeous!!

Amy said...

So many awesome projects here Sav!! I love what you did with the ribbon on that first card!

Rona said...

These are all amazing!! I love the owls and the beautiful "branch" you made for them to sit on!! What a great idea for the prayer book. I have read Stormie's "The Power of a Praying Wife". If you could email me the prayers I should have time to put together a book for my DD best friend's shower we are having for her on the 18th!!

Jessy said...

WOW, lots of wonderful, inspiring projects. I especially love how you made the ribbon into a branch on the owl card! :-)

JazzyH said...

Wow how you have been busy!

Kelly Massman said...

Cute cards! Love that ribbon branch!

Janet said...

Thanks for sharing your work with us. It's fabulous!

Unknown said...

You always have such great inspiration Sav! I love taking my time to browse your projects...FABulous!!!

de said...

Girl, you amaze me at all these beautiful cards you crank out?! How do you do it?! Love em all!

FibreJunky said...

Okay, the gorgeous cards aside, the ps's crack me up!

I hope the weekend and next week are better!!

Gwen said...

GREAT post, Savannah! Sorry to hear you've had a rough week, hope it is getting better and better. Your projects are awesome and love your shower idea and your prayers for kids! Powerful parental tool, those prayers are and love her praying wife book, too.

Jennipher Lowery said...

OMG...lots of great inspiration you provided for us today. Awesome!

Julie said...

Fantastic stuff going on here!!!

Karen said...

Everything is beautiful!! Love all the lovelies and that ruched ribbon on the 1st card is perfect with the little owls!!

Hugs,
Karen

Suzanne C said...

WOW!!!! Can't believe all the goodies in one tremendous post!!! Love the branch on the owls So clever! and the finger with the knot to remind is too funny! (along with the cute story)

michele said...

OMG! WOW. I thought I had missed the end of the entry when I was scrolling down this post.
LOL... I love all your Kraft-y cards. Theyr'e gorgeous.

I just wanted to also let u know that i became a follower of ur blog and you won the blog candy on my blog. You can e-mail me at enchantedstamper AT gmail DOT com

Sudha said...

Gd. works dear.

dstandard said...

Oh my goodness - what a fabulous collection of cards! Thanks for playing with Card Patterns!

Heather said...

Totally LOVING your branches on that first card! Too darn fun! The other cards are of course gorgeous as well!

whoistracy said...

Oh you are a superstar! I love these cards. So fun- they just make me smile.

Jenny said...

These are great cards LOVE EM!!

Come check out the sponsored challenge I just posted on my blog... hope you will come play! :) Have a great weekend!!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Adorable cards! Love how you used the ribbon for tree branches!

Lori said...

Wow! What fabulous projects! The ruched ribbon branch for the owls on your first card really caught my eye.